System Engineer, On-Premise Infrastructure
Espoo, Uusimaa, Finland
Make Impossible Possible in New Space - Join ICEYE
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
We launched the world’s first small SAR satellite in January 2018. To date, ICEYE has successfully launched a total of 10 SAR satellite missions and has raised $152M in financing. We don’t plan to stop - join our team and let’s achieve great things together!
ICEYE is a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK, Spain, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork, curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
To support our growth, we are now looking for a System Engineer (On-Premise Infrastructure) to work in our Software Engineering department, on-premises team. As a System Engineer (On-Premise Infrastructure), your job is to make sure that our on-premise products are configured and maintained so that downtime is minimized and SLAs are met.
For example, a customer might want to utilize their own existing ground station network to have the data downlinked to and processed on-premise. How do we make sure the on-premise hardware runs successfully for several years? How do we ensure fast recovery from incidents and efficient monitoring? How do we configure the different layers of the hardware and software stack so they are resilient and highly available? These are the kinds of questions that you will help to answer and then, together with the product software teams, deliver and maintain the system at the customer site.
Your daily tasks:
- Participate in designing, implementing, and maintaining our on-premise products.
- Response and management of production incidents.
- Bring your expertise to the team, the team will work together in automation of tasks and productizing the system.
- Work with the customers to form a mutual understanding of their needs, capabilities and constraints.
- Collaborate with POs and engineers (mostly software engineers) to build the features that this customer needs in our product.
- Work with our customer deliveries team to make sure that the system gets delivered and will be maintained.
- These deliveries require you to be very hands-on, e.g. running demos and pilots to meet customer requirements and cooperating with customer’s technical teams ensuring successful deployment.
- Right now, you will be one of the first people to take this role in our company. As our business grows, you have the opportunity to affect the role and processes used.
Requirements for the role:
- Hands-on experience in on-premises hardware, VMWare virtualization.
- Experience with Linux system administration in production.
- Experience with logging and monitoring solutions.
- “Infrastructure as Code” -mindset and skills, or willingness to learn.
- Emphasis of security in your actions.
- Readiness to occasionally visit customer premises around the world.
- Ability to learn quickly both technical and business domains in an ever evolving startup environment.
Additional skills seen as an advantage:
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience with Configuration Management / Deployment tools.
- Experience with orchestration tools – e.g. Hashicorp Terraform.
- Experience with some public cloud provider (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Good general understanding of software development practices (e.g. The Twelve Factor App).
- Experience in coding/scripting.
- Quality Assurance skills.
- A background in earth observation, satellites or ground stations.
What we offer:
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enabling you to focus
- Regular internal events for employees (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties, etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English as soon as possible. We will start interviews right away, so act now!
If you are curious to know more about ICEYE and our culture, please have a look at our career site for more information. Unleash your potential with us and join our next space mission coming up soon!
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.
More DevOps and Cloud position highlights
- Explore open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Explore open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Explore open Senior Cloud Architect Jobs
- Explore open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Explore open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Explore open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer - Python/Ansible Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Explore open Software Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Senior Quality Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Application Developer: DevOps Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer (Remote) Jobs
- Explore open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Explore open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Explore open REST-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Explore open Prometheus-related jobs
- Explore open Jira-related jobs
- Explore open S3-related jobs
- Explore open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Explore open Virtualization-related jobs
- Explore open High availability-related jobs
- Explore open VMware-related jobs
- Explore open Golang-related jobs
- Explore open EC2-related jobs
- Explore open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Explore open Redis-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs
- Explore open JS-related jobs
- Explore open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Explore open Grafana-related jobs
- Explore open Gitlab-related jobs
- Explore open Node-related jobs
- Explore open Perl-related jobs
- Explore open Web applications-related jobs
- Explore open Spark-related jobs
- Explore open Load Balancing-related jobs
- Explore open Node.js-related jobs