DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist
XOR Security is currently seeking a talented DevOps / Configuration Management Specialist to support an IT program for a federal regulatory agency in Washington D.C. We are seeking candidates who support the configuration management and information technology activities in a hybrid environment supporting both Information Technology and Cyber Security Branch.
- CMDB management
- Workflow development, optimization, and management
- Integration with code repositories
The position requires configuration management support for the following systems and applications within the agency:
- Servers (Microsoft Windows Server & Red Hat Linux);
- Communication devices (networking & telecommunication equipment);
- Microsoft SQL Database Platforms;
- Microsoft Exchange.
Many COTS software and in-house developed applications using:
- Microsoft Visual C#;
- Microsoft .NET;
- PowerBuilder IDE;
- Microsoft Visual Studio;
- Team Foundation Server;
- Other application development platforms approved for use.
Key responsibilities for the role are listed below:
Workflow management and design
- Assist in developing automated workflows for code integration in a DevOps pipeline;
- Assess existing workflows and identify areas for automation/improvement;
- Make strategic recommendations for improving CM automation; and
- Provide hands-on support for CM tools selected for implementation.
- Assist in selecting, labeling and tracking configuration items (CI) that need to be placed under Configuration Management (CM).
Note: A configuration item is a product (hardware and/or software) that has an end-user purpose. Therefore, the CI is the target of many of the activities within CM, such as configuration change control and monitoring.
- Identify configuration items;
- Analyze the current cataloging/identification system; and
- Make recommendations for improvement.
Configuration change control
- Manage updates to the baseline configurations for the configuration items by following a set of defined processes and approval stages required to change a configuration item's attributes and to re-baseline them.
- Perform continuous analysis of the change management process and make recommendations for improvement;
- Develop and execute the plan for continuous integration and continuous deployments to the agency AWS and Azure environments;
- Develop and maintain automated build scripts written with MS build;
- Follow Agile methodologies while developing solutions for the agency;
- Follow the Commission’s change control processes during implementation procedures;
- Ensure the Change Control Board (CCB) and change management process is observed and executed for CCB issues;
- Provide/update technical documentation for all software builds and deployment processes, as required by the COR;
- Provide/update technical documentation of the CM processes and procedures, as required by the COR;
- Manage change requests in the support of the CCB process;
- Provide support, in accordance with the agency’s Configuration Management Plan, to manage, facilitate, resolve, review, and advise daily activities in support of CCB meetings; and
- Perform release management tasks, including application builds with test and production deployments utilizing Microsoft Visual Studio and Sybase PowerBuilder.
Configuration status accounting
- The contractor shall record and report on the configuration baselines associated with each configuration item at any moment in time.
- Perform additional special (i.e., one-time) configuration management tasks/projects as required by the COR; and
- Track and monitor baseline configurations for servers and infrastructure devices using the agency’s CM tools.
Configuration audits and reviews
- The contractor shall assess or test the level of compliance with the established baseline configuration and mechanisms for reporting on the configuration status of items placed under CM;
- Assist the implementation and performance of CM audits;
- Establish and maintain the source code baseline by creating a release baseline in the agency source code repository; and
- Track and monitor CCB issues and provide updates for such issues as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering;
- Minimum of 4 years experience in devops support, configuration management support, or software development;
- Minimum of 1 year experience with cloud-based system and technologies, AWS or Azure in particular.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and must be capable of the understanding, documenting, communicating and presenting technical issues in a non-technical manner to audiences with varying degrees of technical expertise.
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.
More DevOps and Cloud position highlights
- Explore open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Explore open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Explore open Senior Cloud Architect Jobs
- Explore open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Explore open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Explore open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer - Python/Ansible Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Explore open Software Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Senior Quality Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Application Developer: DevOps Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer (Remote) Jobs
- Explore open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Explore open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Explore open REST-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Explore open Prometheus-related jobs
- Explore open Jira-related jobs
- Explore open S3-related jobs
- Explore open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Explore open Virtualization-related jobs
- Explore open High availability-related jobs
- Explore open VMware-related jobs
- Explore open Golang-related jobs
- Explore open EC2-related jobs
- Explore open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Explore open Redis-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs
- Explore open JS-related jobs
- Explore open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Explore open Grafana-related jobs
- Explore open Gitlab-related jobs
- Explore open Node-related jobs
- Explore open Perl-related jobs
- Explore open Web applications-related jobs
- Explore open Spark-related jobs
- Explore open Load Balancing-related jobs
- Explore open Node.js-related jobs