Senior Software Engineer, Infrastructure
We are reinventing global trade.
The Infrastructure team is rapidly growing, and we are looking for engineers to contribute at all levels. Our applications are currently running on Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS), but with our recent migration to Service-oriented architecture (SOA), we’re starting to push the limits. We are building the Flexport Kubernetes Engine (FKE) to support stateful and stateless workloads and integrate with multiple AWS managed services.
What you’ll do:
- Build the Flexport Kubernetes Engine (FKE) on AWS Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS)
- Design and implement a Istio Service Mesh and Tetrate Service Bridge.
- Leverage GitOps for k8s deployments, management, monitoring, and cluster uptime.
- Utilize security best practices for all designed infrastructure.
- Deliver cloud infrastructure strategies that align with business objectives.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience designing, building, and deploying scalable cloud-based architectures.
- Experience with K8S and the AWS ecosystem, including the benefits and challenges.
- Experience with infrastructure provisioning and K8S operators.
- Demonstrable skills in at least one programming language.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.