Operations Engineer (Supply Chain Reliability)
Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
OPERATIONS ENGINEER (SUPPLY CHAIN RELIABILITY)
The Supply Chain team is responsible for the reliable sourcing, planning, procurement, warehousing, and transportation of all raw materials and components needed to build our revolutionary spacecraft and launch vehicles. Our mission is to get the right part in the right place at the right time, every time.
The Operations Engineering team is chartered with ensuring continuous improvement and long-range vision in the above areas to enable SpaceX to scale its operations and manufacturing activities.
As an Operations Engineer, you would identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement, and work with team members to drive the resulting projects to completion. Through successive cross-functional projects, you would build a deep understanding of SpaceX systems and processes and become a critical resource supporting strategic process development.
To be successful, you will need:
- A passion for continuous improvement and a patience to shepherd ideas from initial requirements through execution.
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and step into unknown situations to understand the current state and most optimal path forward.
- A technical problem-solving mind that can quickly break down complex, multi-faceted challenges into achievable actions.
- Effective time management skills to balance work on both short-term customer requests with longer term strategic business initiatives.
- Build relationships with cross-functional groups to identify, prioritize, and lead challenging projects to completion; take ownership for the success and sustainability of actions
- Pull and transform data to understand and communicate current activities, and build a business case for improvement efforts
- Develop existing and future state process flows
- Contribute to a systems roadmap and work with the software team to develop requirements for any necessary enterprise system changes
- Present ideas, project details, and status to business leadership
- Develop policies, standards, processes, and documentation as necessary to ensure continued success and transferability after project completion
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field
- 2+ years of operations experience in manufacturing, supply chain, logistics, and/or inventory management
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in engineering or supply chain
- Good written, oral, and presentation skills
- Ability to operate autonomously and self-direct
- Previous experience in a focused process development role
- Technical skills and experience including: SQL, software development and project management, process flow mapping, material planning systems, warehouse management systems, lean production environments, six sigma training
- Mastery of data analytics and visual management systems, including Excel and PowerBI
- A demonstrated track record of thinking big and executing with sustained results
- Position may involve long hours and weekend work as needed
- Up to 25% travel may be needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
More DevOps and Cloud position highlights
- Explore open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Explore open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Explore open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Explore open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Explore open Senior Cloud Architect Jobs
- Explore open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Explore open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Explore open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Explore open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer - Python/Ansible Jobs
- Explore open Senior Quality Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Application Developer: DevOps Jobs
- Explore open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer (Remote) Jobs
- Explore open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Explore open REST-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open Prometheus-related jobs
- Explore open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Explore open Jira-related jobs
- Explore open S3-related jobs
- Explore open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Explore open Virtualization-related jobs
- Explore open High availability-related jobs
- Explore open VMware-related jobs
- Explore open Golang-related jobs
- Explore open EC2-related jobs
- Explore open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Explore open Redis-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs
- Explore open JS-related jobs
- Explore open Grafana-related jobs
- Explore open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Explore open Gitlab-related jobs
- Explore open Node-related jobs
- Explore open Perl-related jobs
- Explore open Web applications-related jobs
- Explore open Spark-related jobs
- Explore open Load Balancing-related jobs
- Explore open Node.js-related jobs