Lab Automation Reliability Engineer
Irvine, California, United States
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our team is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for people who are passionate about harnessing the power of technology to push our capabilities forward in the quest to deliver genetic information at scale. We are looking for a multi-talented, detail oriented Cytogenetic Technologist to join our Irvine laboratory who can, with minimum supervision, perform Fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) sample processing and microscopic analysis.
What you’ll do:
- Working with Automation Development Engineers and contractors to aid in method development
- With support from the Automation Development Engineers and vendor FSEs/FASs., programming third party laboratory automation, new technology evaluation and design, creating interfaces between laboratory automation and LIMS
- Designing robust laboratory processes, and performing experiments and validations
- Interact with many different functional roles, and will work with programs throughout the development timeline: from R&D to clinical lab deployment
- First tier of support for troubleshooting
- Additional responsibilities include troubleshooting, process documentation, user training, equipment validation, & vendor relations
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement
- This role will include opportunities for project leadership
What you bring:
- Technical proficiency in cytogenetics and/or molecular genetics laboratory automation and systems development and integration for the life science industry; especially with robotics and liquid handling systems
- Strong organizational skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills are required
- Flexibility and self-initiative required to support several simultaneous automation projects
- Ability to collaborate is required
- Equipment functional and validation testing is required
- Preferred: Software development experience in one or more languages (C#, Python, etc)
- Preferred: Experience working under regulatory regimes such as CLIA, CAP, or FDA
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.