Software Engineer: Backend - Trading Infrastructure
Los Angeles or Remote
Posted 1 month ago
SFOX was founded in 2014 with the goal of helping traders, investors, and institutions gain an edge over the competition. As the leading digital asset brokerage we are at the forefront of safety and security while providing a fast and effective trading platform to customers. With a single account we connect customers to 20+ different liquidity providers and provide them the algorithmic trading tools to be one step ahead of the market. Backed by top investors such as Y Combinator and Khosla Ventures, we're currently positioned for serious growth and looking for exceptional talent to join the ride.
- Develop scalable infrastructure that processes millions of orders each day and provides cutting edge services to high end financial customers.
- Use deductive reasoning to solve complex problems that potentially exist beyond the scope of your local environment.
- Become proficient in understanding a wide range of backend services, how they all interact with each other, and what needs to change when adding to or improving our platform.
- Have a high level of responsibility in your projects. It'll be up to you to ask the important questions on top of coming up with optimal solutions.
- Find the right balance between progress (i.e. shipping quickly) and perfection (i.e. measuring twice).
- Have an active role in helping influence product architecture and roadmap.
- Work in a highly dynamic and distributed workplace with a team of equally talented engineers.
- Work on the front lines of the blockchain/crypto movement and ship code that will influence the global economy.
You may be a fit for this role if:
- You are a talented and motivated self-starter, capable of handling projects from the idea phase all the way into customers' hands and beyond.
- You have a track record of success on a variety of difficult projects.
- You take pride in code quality and test infrastructure while prioritizing execution speed, security, and the end-user experience over cool tech.
- You understand the value of automated testing and strive to deliver products bug free.
- You have developed computer science fundamentals, i.e. distributed systems, concurrency, algorithms, and data structures (Formal CS degree NOT required).
- You have a passion for cryptocurrency and blockchain technologies.
- You self describe as some combination of the following: creative, humble, ambitious, detail oriented, hard working, trustworthy, eager to learn, methodical, action oriented, and tenacious.
Although not requirements, bonus points if you have:
- Experience with high performance, low latency distributed systems (particularly financial).
- Experience trading (high-frequency or algorithmic even better).
- Experience with Go.
Explore more DevOps and Cloud career opportunities
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Quality Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Senior Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs
- Open Vault-related jobs