Senior Manager, Platform Engineering
San Francisco, CA, United States
Ripple is looking for a Senior Manager, Platform Engineering. In this role, you’ll have an opportunity to develop and grow a team. Ripple is a fast growing company always tapping into new markets, working with open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Leads the development, alignment and execution of Ripple’s Cloud Kubernetes Platform Infrastructure team and roadmap.
- Run day to day operations across Platform Engineering working closely with counterparts SRE, CloudOps and DBA teams.
- Interfaces with senior management and engineering peers in driving strategic planning and execution of resilience and performance programs.
- Own continuous delivery improvement efforts across Infrastructure by providing input into the platform framework for program management in order to align with modern agile processes.
- Own the strategy for providing consistent Kubernetes infrastructure spanning AWS, and GCP globally.
- Further develop collaborative relationships with vendors and the Kubernetes OpenSource community. the sharing of our work through blog posts, conference speaking, and papers
- Participate in OpEx planning and execution at regular cadence with Ripple’s finance team.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 10+ years of technical contributor experience, demonstrated ability in managing technical personnel, and experience in working within SaaS environments. FinTech experience a plus.
- Timely delivers software and infrastructure that will help drive improvements towards the availability, performance, efficiency, scalability and security of platform services. Technologies include AWS, GCP, Kubernetes, Terraform, and Vault.
- Strong management presence and experience advising and interfacing with peer leaders and business leadership on technology related issues; excellent verbal and written communication; strength in building trusted partnerships
- Experience working with technical program management, product management, and engineering / development in an agile DevOps environment.
- Creative and continuous improvement mindset with strong problem solving skills, and importantly ability to maintain the “Big Picture” view of how Platform engineering fits into top level OKRs.
- Proven experience working collaboratively in a matrixed environment and working across concurrent strategic initiatives
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple enables payments everywhere, every way, for everyone using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets.Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance. Please find our UK/EU applicant privacy notice here.