Manager, Engineering (OOPS+AWS+DevOps)
Engineering Manager, Developer Tools
Location: Pune, India
Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in Boston, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Our ambition is to empower developers to innovate the most powerful digital experiences in less time, with less effort, and with more flexibility. The Acquia Developer Tools team is focussed on providing a fully integrated developer experience out of the box with an open architecture to plug and play as desired. As a DevTools Engineering Manager, you will also be managing a team responsible for a wide range of internal systems, tooling and automations from developing CI to managing systems integrations to owning and evolving Acquia’s existing product monitoring services and more.
In this role you will:
- Manage a team of high performing engineers and deliver high quality code in an agile environment
- Hire and train/retain top talent on the team
- As a hands on manager, jump in to architect, design and develop high-quality code whenever needed
- Facilitate code reviews and establish best practices in the engineering team
- Contribute to the technical architecture of Acquia’s codebase
- Help the product team prioritize features and be a champion of the engineering team in release/sprint planning
- Manage performance of direct reports (Review, Rating and Reward)
- Collaborate with other engineering managers across the organization
- Collaborate across the other disciplines in the organization (professional services, sales consultants, product management, executive management)
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- 8+ years of experience with at least 2 years of experience managing an engineering team
- 6+ years of hands on software development experience
- Experience with Agile (eg Scrum) and test driven development
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Experience building distributed systems and API design
- Expert hands on experience in at least one OOP language (PHP preferred)
- Strong hands on experience with Cloud - Amazon Web Services highly preferred (Google Cloud/Azure experience acceptable)
- Experience creating developer solutions and crafting developer experience
- Hands on experience with Drupal
- Contributing to open source
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, colour, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.