Senior DevOps Engineer
New York City, NY, United States
LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We are committed to connecting the world’s data safely and effectively, advancing innovation, and empowering people to do good. Our platform powers customer experiences centered around the needs and concerns of real people, keeping the Internet open for all. We enable individuals around the world to connect with the brands and products they love. LiveRampers thrive on solving challenging problems for the good of humanity—and we’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to help us get there.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
The DevOps team is responsible for ensuring the high availability of an infrastructure that processes billions of customer records on a daily basis, supporting teams globally with standardized tools and processes to help them get things done better and faster. We are looking for a Senior DevOps engineer who is excited about establishing and advocating best practices for our infrastructure running in the cloud. You will be able to leverage your software engineering expertise to understand the needs of teams and guide them in improving their systems. The right person will be someone who gets as much satisfaction from teaching an engineer to debug Terraform as they do from building tools to automate a release process.
- Promote an infrastructure-as-code philosophy, leveraging tools like Terraform, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Provide subject matter expertise for GCP and AWS cloud end-to-end architecture
- Collaborate with engineering teams to architect and implement solutions to improve deployment processes and CI-CD capabilities using Jenkins and Spinnaker
- Help the organization leverage tools such as Datadog, Forseti, PagerDuty, and LogDNA to monitor applications and infrastructure proactively and keep things running smoothly
- Engineer systems and processes with compliance and security in mind
- Ensure cloud solutions are implemented and delivered with best practices, standards, appropriate controls, and thorough documentation
- Provide technical governance for infrastructure design, deployment, and operations
Your team will:
- Support an entire engineering organization based in California, New York, Paris, London and Nantong, China
- Lead and collaborate with technical, application, and security leads to deliver a reliable and secure platform on GCP and AWS
- Lead the cloud improvements for availability, performance, observability, scalability, quality and cost effectiveness
- Lead and own creation of cloud-focused best practises, building blocks, and patterns to ensure deployed solutions are scalable, immutable, and resilient
- Function as stewards for shared data, services, tools, processes and libraries
- Have 3+ years of DevOps-like work experience and a passion for infrastructure and helping your fellow developers
- Experienced working with cloud platforms like GCP or AWS employing a modern infrastructure-as-code approach using Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experienced deploying and supporting containerized applications with Kubernetes, GKE, EKS or the like
- Have built and supported continuous integration pipelines using Jenkins, TeamCity, CircleCI, Travis CI, or similar
- Comfortable with shell scripting and fluent in at least one of Ruby, Java or Go
- Ability to diagnose technical problems, debug code, and automate routine tasks
- Experience with securing systems in a public cloud environment
- Have a Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields
- Enjoys working as part of a distributed team: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working, and productive
- Understands how to engage other engineers as stakeholders
- People: work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- In-Office Food: enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun: we host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: flexible paid time off, options for working from home, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) and fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Savings: our 401K matching plan helps you plan ahead.
- RampRemote: a comprehensive program to assist you in setting up a home office that works for you
More about us:
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.