Cloud Platform Engineer
London, Tel Aviv, Zurich, or Remote
We’re looking for an experienced Cloud Platforms engineer to join our new group and help us build Snyk Code, our developer-first SAST solution.
Our new product enables developers to scan their own source code for security issues and provides meaningful and actionable results to fix those issues. We would like to build this awesome product gradually while keeping on Snyk’s main values: developer-first and security intelligence. You have a great opportunity to join us building this product almost from scratch while creating an innovative environment that evolves rapidly.
Snyk has a strong devops culture: the people that build the software, run the software. Our group, Snyk Code, which started few months ago, has drastically increased our system observability, resolved a number of reliability issues at a system pinch points using custom autoscaling, increased quality-of-service guarantees without increasing costs through better capacity planning and intelligent resource allocation, and overhauled our CI/CD tooling. We’re now looking for someone to take us to the next level!
You’ll spend your time:
- Applying software engineering approaches to classic operations problems.
- Improving the reliability of Snyk Code’s platform and product via open source observability tools such as Grafana, Prometheus and Jaeger.
- Supporting, scaling, upgrading and migrating Kubernetes clusters.
- Implementing Infrastructure-as-code in order to support multiple cloud providers and deployment options.
- Being on call with the Snyk Code development team. Supporting the developers and creating the needed tools and infrastructure to maintain scalability and reliability.
- Building, maintaining and continually improving the tools that we use to deploy and operate the software that we build. This includes automated build and deployment, secrets management, system observability, monitoring, log aggregation, scaling, and more.
- Interacting with technical staff on our on-premise offering to troubleshoot customer issues, and using that experience to mature and improve our on-premises deployment tooling.
We are distributed across 3 offices in London, Tel Aviv and Zurich, with a major part of the company working fully-remote. We’ve made an organizational commitment to building a strong, effective, distributed company: we form teams across multiple offices wherever possible, and we invest in communication so that we can benefit from each others’ perspectives. As well as an always-on webcam so we can see what’s happening in each office, we make heavy use of video calls, Slack, and some inter-office travel (when possible…).
You should apply if you:
- Believe that devops is an outcome, not a role.
- Are able to lead full changes and improvements end-2-end.
- Have hands-on experience as a site reliability engineer or similar.
- Have experience building and maintaining devops automation and tooling.
- Communicate proactively, and enjoy working with people from multiple disciplines.
- Have seen good (and bad) infrastructure, and have opinions about what works and what doesn’t
- Are curious and love to explore new domains, technologies, and approaches.
- Are agile and enjoy the speed of a fast-paced, highly engaged startup environment.
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- Have experience running software on Kubernetes (or similar).
- Have experience making data-driven infrastructure decisions.
- Like to automate things as much as possible.
- Have some programming experience.
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
We’re on a mission to make the world a safer place with more secure software.
We’re living in a world of digital transformation that is turning ever more industries into a software-development industry. Cyber security is taking centre stage for many companies, and demand for Snyk’s product is sky-rocketing!
Snyk has already been adopted by over 2.2M developers, including multiple leading enterprise customers such as Google, Salesforce and Intuit, who are using Snyk to find and fix vulnerabilities in their open source libraries and container images, empowering them to develop secure software, faster.
In March of 2021, we raised $300M in Series E funding at a $4.7 billion company valuation, just after securing an additional $200M in Series D funding in September 2020, and successfully closing two strategic acquisitions. On top of that, we doubled the size of our global team, and we’re not stopping there!
We believe open source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure. Join us!
More DevOps and Cloud position highlights
- Explore open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Explore open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Explore open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Explore open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Explore open Senior Cloud Architect Jobs
- Explore open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Explore open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Explore open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Explore open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer - Python/Ansible Jobs
- Explore open Senior Quality Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Application Developer: DevOps Jobs
- Explore open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer (Remote) Jobs
- Explore open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Explore open REST-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open Prometheus-related jobs
- Explore open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Explore open Jira-related jobs
- Explore open S3-related jobs
- Explore open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Explore open Virtualization-related jobs
- Explore open High availability-related jobs
- Explore open VMware-related jobs
- Explore open Golang-related jobs
- Explore open EC2-related jobs
- Explore open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Explore open Redis-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs
- Explore open JS-related jobs
- Explore open Grafana-related jobs
- Explore open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Explore open Gitlab-related jobs
- Explore open Node-related jobs
- Explore open Perl-related jobs
- Explore open Web applications-related jobs
- Explore open Spark-related jobs
- Explore open Load Balancing-related jobs
- Explore open Node.js-related jobs