Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure)
Funded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Waterman, Moody’s, Sequoia Capital, GV, Riverwood Capital, and others with over $290 million in funding, SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings and the only service with over 2M+ companies continuously rated. Founded in 2013 by security and risk experts Dr. Aleksandr Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh, SecurityScorecard’s patented rating technology is used by over 16,000 organizations for enterprise risk management, third-party risk management, board reporting, due diligence, and cyber insurance underwriting. This is done by measuring your and your vendors' cyber-health by assigning a security rating of A through F based on outside-in, non-intrusive data. SecurityScorecard continues to make the world a safer place by transforming the way companies understand, improve and communicate cybersecurity risk to their boards, employees, and vendors.
SecurityScorecard is headquartered in NYC with over 260+ employees globally. Our culture has helped us be recognized by Inc Magazine as a Best Workplace, Best Places to Work in NYC by Crain's NY, and one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row.
About the team
As the Data Platform team we are building a distributed, self-service data platform that can seamlessly scale to handle the vast data needs across the organization.
What you will do
- Building and scaling our streaming data platform using the latest technologies.
- Designing, developing, and improving self-service user experience and tools.
- Diplomatically partnering with engineering, product, and data teams to innovate and enable business critical applications, tools, and data intelligence at scale.
- Collaborating with product managers, developers, and data engineers to empower and evolve the culture of data driven decision making.
- 3-5 years of experience designing, building, or supporting high performance distributed systems.
- 3+ years of experience designing, building, or supporting self-service platforms.
- 5+ years of experience building software in JVM-based languages, preferably Scala or Java.
- Solid understanding in designing and building web-based APIs
- 3+ years of experience working with tools supporting streaming pipelines using Kafka, Akka (plus), Spark Streaming,(Plus).
- Experience working on and/or a demonstrable understanding of messaging/queuing systems or stream processing systems.
- Experience writing unit tests, performing code reviews, and leading/participating in design discussions about architecture, data shape, and business logic.
- A foundational understanding and experience with topics related to platform scale, security, availability, deployment and operation
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.