Senior Cloud Engineer, SRE
MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 50 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 500 people around the world. In 2020, MURAL raised $118M in a series B round of financing and are working hard to take MURAL to the next level.
We are looking for engineers who will bring experience working with high-growth tech companies. You will help us scale our platform globally.
You'd be a good fit if you:
- Are passionate about building systems that are highly reliable, maintainable, scalable and observable.
- Have initiative and can unblock yourself to get things done.
- Have strong technical skills and relevant experience in managing distributed systems, their complexities and challenges.
- Go beyond symptoms and understand the real problems by reading between the lines and asking good questions.
- Like getting your hands dirty by debugging and fixing issues in production, and are OK to not always doing the most glamorous tasks.
- Can collaborate well with others in a remote-friendly team.
- You communicate well, and love taking and giving feedback in a positive, constructive way.
- Are comfortable addressing operational incidents.
- Enjoy sharing your knowledge about problems you solve, providing analysis and recommending solutions based on evidence. You can thoroughly explain your thought process and justify your course of action.
- Do things manually only once. If something needs to be done repeatedly, you automate it. You don't shy away from building apps or tools that support your workflow.
- Collaborating with other Engineering teams through activities such as system design, specifications and critiques, helping bring new services live.
- Maintaining services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability and overall system health, and providing ways for stakeholders to understand how their software behaves.
- Scaling systems sustainably through automation, and evolving systems by improving their robustness.
- Be on-call for services that the SRE team owns.
- Practice sustainable incident response, facilitating incident resolution and performing blameless postmortems.
- Lead moderate to highly complex technical tasks and provide code reviews for various stakeholders.
- Pair with team members and other teams; collaboration is a very important part of this role.
- Experience with Docker containers and container scheduling platforms running distributed systems.
- Experience working in cloud platforms.
- Experience with observability and monitoring tools like DataDog, grafana+prometheus, etc.
- Solid Linux administration skills.
- Experience in networking and routing concepts.
- Thorough understanding of security principles and concerns.
- Deliver work incrementally to get feedback and iterate over solutions.
- You have experience in maintaining and optimizing MongoDB clusters or other NoSQL databases.
- You have worked with large Kubernetes clusters.
- You are familiar with Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.
- You are familiar with Node.js, MongoDB, Redis, and Elasticsearch.
- You are familiar with git, Github, Jenkins, and the Continuous Integration universe.
- Experience with data stores like ElasticSearch and Redis.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code and Terraform.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.
More DevOps and Cloud position highlights
- Explore open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Explore open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Explore open Senior Cloud Architect Jobs
- Explore open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Explore open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Explore open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer - Python/Ansible Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Explore open Software Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Senior Quality Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Application Developer: DevOps Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer (Remote) Jobs
- Explore open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Explore open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Explore open REST-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Explore open Prometheus-related jobs
- Explore open Jira-related jobs
- Explore open S3-related jobs
- Explore open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Explore open Virtualization-related jobs
- Explore open High availability-related jobs
- Explore open VMware-related jobs
- Explore open Golang-related jobs
- Explore open EC2-related jobs
- Explore open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Explore open Redis-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs
- Explore open JS-related jobs
- Explore open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Explore open Grafana-related jobs
- Explore open Gitlab-related jobs
- Explore open Node-related jobs
- Explore open Perl-related jobs
- Explore open Web applications-related jobs
- Explore open Spark-related jobs
- Explore open Load Balancing-related jobs
- Explore open Node.js-related jobs