Senior Site Reliability Engineer
San Francisco, CA, New York, Remote
Lattice is on a mission to build cultures where employees and their companies thrive. In an age where employees have more choice than ever before, businesses that put employees first are winning – and Lattice is building the tools to empower those people centric companies. Lattice is a people management platform that offers performance reviews, employee engagement surveys, real-time feedback, weekly check-ins, goal setting, and career planning in a way that allows companies to focus on employee development, growth, and engagement – yielding stronger employee retention, performance, and impact to the bottom line. Since launching in 2016 we have grown to over 2,750+ customers globally, including brands like Slack, Pinterest, Reddit, and Asana.
We’re a small and impactful team of software engineers continuously working to improve our product and our craft. We use a modern, cutting-edge tech stack and love experimenting with new technologies to create our products. We work highly cross-functionally in partnership with our Sales, Customer Success, Product and Design teams to shape the product we support.
Who you are
As part of Lattice's SRE team, you will be responsible for the performance and reliability of Lattice's infrastructure. You will collaborate with our product engineers to improve their development experience and the resiliency of our application code. You will own our AWS and Kubernetes systems to ensure consistent deployments for our product engineering team and stability of service for our customers. There’s no such thing as a perfect candidate. We expect you to possess some combination of the following:
- 3+ years of professional experience in infrastructure engineering.
- Experience with Kubernetes in production workloads.
- Experience with AWS and distributed systems in production workloads.
- Experience with describing infrastructure as code (IaC) in production workloads.
- Eagerness to own and develop the infrastructure of a rapidly growing company.
- Proficiency in leveraging CI/CD tools to automate testing and deployment.
- You enjoy collaborating with other team members. You will be working closely with our product engineers.
- You have a proactive ownership mentality. If you see an unidentified problem, you will fix it.
Because our SRE team is small, you will be one of the primary owners of the whole Lattice infrastructure. You will have prime opportunities to shape the future of our systems and DevOps culture. Among other things, you will be:
- Ensuring our Kubernetes cluster is reliable, scalable, performant, and can be extended to support new requirements.
- Implementing our infrastructure as code (Lattice currently uses Terraform) and implementing change controls.
- Implementing monitoring, observability and alerting tools such as dashboards and logging systems to understand the health and availability of our infrastructure and applications.
- Crafting plans and procedures for disaster recovery.
- Making infrastructure so seamless that product engineers rarely think about it.
- Educating product engineers on best practices on using the infrastructure services and supporting a DevOps culture.
- Maintaining and enhancing build and deployment pipelines for CI and CD.
- Collaborating with product engineering teams to improve their development experience by creating tools, systems and processes.
- Influencing our engineering practices to continuously improve our time-to-resolution from site incidents.
- Optimizing for stability and enabling on scalability.
We are rapidly growing across multiple dimensions, including our customer base, the scope of products we offer, and the size of the engineering team. Now is the opportune time for a strong candidate to join, take on outsized ownership, and continue to grow with us.
- We invest in the personal and professional growth of every employee because we believe growth leads to both business impact and personal fulfillment
- The opportunity to join an experienced and ambitious team that is passionate about solving customers’ needs and loves coming to work every day
- Partner with 2,750+ companies around the world to make sure their employees are engaged and performing at a high level
- A culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development, with continuous learning reimbursements
- Competitive salary, equity, and benefits
- Hybrid work model with a mix of work from home and centrally located office
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy