Staff Software Development Engineer in Test, Flex Reliability
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing fast and looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test to join our globally distributed Flex R&D organization on our Flex Reliability team in Tallinn.
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. Twilio Flex is a fully programmable cloud contact center platform that enables mission critical customer communications for businesses such as Lyft, Shopify, Nike and many others.
Twilio’s Flex Reliability team helps on the backoffice side of things delivering billing information to the customers and supportability tooling for internal stakeholders such as technical account managers and support engineers.
We are looking for a motivated individual to lead our Test Automation for our Reliability team.
- 5+ years of software development and/or testing experience
- Proficient in a modern development language such as Java or Python
- Experience with modern testing frameworks such as but not limited to Cypress, Selenium, etc
- Experience with implementing and maintaining CI/CD test pipelines using tools like Jenkins/CircleCI or similar
- Expert in Quality Assurance testing techniques
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders on test automation as well as coaching engineers on testing best practices
- Ability to translate architecture vision into concrete system designs
- Champion of good engineering habits: development techniques, security, tech debt balance, agile processes, etc
- Strong communication skills: in person, on paper, or in code. You can explain technical concepts to product managers, other engineers, and support
- Passion for quality code and building things, but also trying to break things and find flaws in the implementation
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Work with our external partners and other engineering teams to distill internal and customer needs into requirements and validation specs
- DRAW THE OWL: Set and lead testing direction without having all of the answers
- BE AN OWNER: Architect new systems with a focus on interoperability, scalability, testability, and maintainability
- DON’T SETTLE: Drive high engineering standards on the team through code review, automated testing, and mentoring. We care what our code looks like, and you should too
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate with colleagues on a small, energetic team
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
With the launch of Flex, Twilio introduces a new type of platform for applications which has the potential to disrupt traditional monolithic application vendors in the same way API platforms disrupted traditional infrastructure services for communications.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful and well-designed office at Veerenni 38 in Tallinn, though considering the world’s current circumstances will start as remote from your home in Estonia. We are also open to candidates from the Prague area in Czech Republic. We offer true ownership of your own work, great salary package, Twilio RSUs (stock, NYSE: TWLO), mobile phone, fitness and wellness reimbursement and private medical healthcare options including dental plan.
What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook. Do you want to experience all of this with the best people? Join us!
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.