Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The DevOps Engineer will play a key role in maintaining and improving the Amwell Devops Team. The platform incorporates a wide variety of features in providing world-class telehealth solutions through scalable web APIs, video Infrastructure and other technologies. This role requires working closely with the members of our engineering and operations teams, building and maintaining production environments in AWS and other Cloud Solutions.
- Build and maintain infrastructure on AWS environment and other Cloud Solutions
- Write scripts to automate deployments and server management
- Maintain Dev, Stg, QA and Production configuration using automated deployments
- Build and maintain operations tools for monitoring, notifications, log collection, and debugging.
- Troubleshoot/Debug production issues
- Maintain and enhance the Continuous Integration & Deployment environment
- Document current and future configuration processes and policies.
- 3-5 years experience building and maintaining production environments in large-scale AWS enterprises.
- 3+ years of practical experience with most if not all of the following components of AWS: VPC, EC2, ELB, EBS, Route53, S3, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, IAM, RDS, SNS, Lambda, WAF
- Experience administering web services on Linux using Apache, Nginx
- Fluent in Linux administration & shell scripting (BASH), AWS CLI
- Experience with:
- the integration and customization of the Atlassian Software Development and Collaboration products (Jira, Confluence)
- high availability and scalability in AWS
- SQL Databases (configuring and maintaining): RDS, MSsql, Postgres DB’s
- configuration tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Continuous Integration tools (Circle CI and/or Jenkins preferred)
- Experience with and understanding of networking concepts and Internet protocols
- Production experience developing, configuring and supporting monitoring systems, alerting and analytics (e.g., AppD, NewRelic, Nagios, etc)
- Familiar with source control tools GIT
- Strong troubleshooting, Problem Solving, QA skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of an integrated team, as well as independently.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills conducive to team building.
- Effective communication with the local and remote team members
Preferred, not required:
- Experience with:
- Video platforms: Vidyo, WebRTC, Pexip
- Security Tools: AlertLogic, Incapsula, Cloudflare
- containers: Docker, ECS, Kubernetes
- VMware virtualization products such as ESX or vSphere
Should you join Amwell and the Hosting team, you can expect:
Amwell’s Operations group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Operating out of our Boston headquarters, our engineers specialize in Information Technology, Cyber Security & Compliance, Hosting Operations, Business Intelligence, Kiosk Operations and Network Engineering. We operate a state-of-the-art Cyber Command Center designed specifically to manage and protect our global telehealth infrastructure.
We leverage the latest technologies including an array of deployment and management tools as well as several cyber threat intelligence networks to keep our systems running smoothly around the clock.
If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Amwell is headquartered in Boston, MA with additional offices in Reston, VA and Seattle, WA. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- The equipment and resources needed to be successful working in a remote setting