Software Developer, Product Verification DevOps
At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.Software Developer, Product Verification DevOps
Job location: Ottawa, Canada
About the Team
Product Verification DevOps is a unique team at Kinaxis. Our focus is to ensure the quality of the RapidResponse product by supporting teams around the organization. Using the Quality Data Warehouse, we collect data from around company and produce reports and metrics to ensure bugs are being fixed, escalations are being actioned, and new features are completed. PV DevOps also provides an Automated Functional Test (AFT) platform allowing teams to test the various software components of the RapidResponse product.
As a successful candidate you are at ease working in a dynamic environment where quick learning and your ability to undertake a variety of simultaneous tasks are crucial to your success. Your passion for quality and affinity for detail allow you to consistently deliver thorough results within a framework of tight deadlines and changing priorities. You are a quick study and are a self-starter that can work with limited supervision.
What you will do
- Work in an Agile environment, participate in the various agile ceremonies, and write and maintain epics/stories/tasks/bugs in Jira
- Design, implement, and maintain Jenkins pipelines
- Analyze Jenkins pipeline executions and implement improvements to reduce infrastructure downtime and improve resource utilization
- Develop tools and reports to speed up the triage of test results
- Automate repetitive functions via scripting
- Build and maintain tools used for virtual machine provisioning and deployment
- Build and maintain tools that are used by our Core Algorithms team to test and triage failures
What we are looking for
- Post-Secondary Education in the field of Computer Science or related programs
- Experience with CI tools such as Jenkins, Azure DevOps, etc.
- Experience with Java, Groovy, C# or other high level programming languages
- Experience with version control tools such as Git, Subversion, etc.
- Experience with Powershell would be an asset
- Experience with orchestration related technologies such as Containers, Kubernetes, etc. would be an asset
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis invites candidates to apply to its welcoming community. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com