Infrastructure Engineer, Portworx
Mountain View, California
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Give technologists their time back by delivering a modern data experience that empowers organizations to run their operations as a true, automated, storage as-a-service model seamlessly across multiple clouds.
The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For seven straight years, Pure has been named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant (five years in the MQ for Solid-State Arrays, and two in the newly created MQ for Primary Storage).
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2020 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
Pure Storage Acquired Portworx in October 2020, Creating the Industry's Most Complete Kubernetes Data Services Platform for Cloud Native Applications. This acquisition represents Pure’s largest to date and our deeper expansion into the fast-growing market for multi-cloud data services to support Kubernetes and containers.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE…
You will perform day-to-day operational tasks to ensure the servers and the virtual server environments are operating appropriately, are available to support the business’ needs, and any operational issues are proactively resolved.
Other routine work includes creation of server configurations and server/setup deployments, performing upgrades and patching to operating system and security software, creating and updating system documentation, creating training materials, and responding to escalated end-user requests.
You will be responsible for assisting in the development of service capacity, availability, and demand management plans for the assigned systems and for the development of the business continuity and disaster recovery plans that are needed to support the business and process operations.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING...
- Building, installing and managing infrastructure, which encompasses hardware, servers, and virtual machines, using a VMware environment such as vSphere, NSX, VSAN and Tanzu;
- Performing hands-on system setup, administration, and troubleshooting to help to enable successful execution of dev and test workflows;
- Working closely with the Datacenter Lab team to ensure the environment is configured properly from networking, storage and compute standpoint;
- Working closely with dev and test teams to understand the Portworx use cases and ensure that the infrastructure can handle the same;
- Multisite VMware, vSphere, and vCenter management and administration;
- Multi-site SAN/NAS storage administration;
- Planning design, technical review, and implementation of enterprise automation and self-service tools;
- Automating the various types of deployments scenarios that are required for testing and releasing Portworx solutions.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical field
- 8+ years of experience doing and leading data center infrastructure design, planning and management;
- Experience designing large-scale, enterprise class data center/infrastructure related to storage, networking and/or virtualization;
- Excellent understanding of Linux system administration, systemd, cgroups and linux container concepts and troubleshooting;
- Experience with vSphere, Networking (switching technologies, L2 and L3 networking, routing protocols, NSX) and storage technologies(NFS, iSCSI, FC, FCoE);
- Experience working on OpenShift, Kubernetes, DHCP, DNS, Anthos deployments
- Good understanding of DNS, DHCP, creating air-gapped and non-air gapped environments;
- Experience with installing and supporting large-scale enterprise software and systems;
- Experience work with public cloud environments like AWS, Azure and GCE is desired;
- Understanding of storage concepts, storage technologies, and prior experience troubleshooting storage deployments would be a plus;
- Solid understanding of implementing hardware infrastructure that includes servers, networking, and storage components (SAN and NAS);
- Developed System Administration skills in VMware, Windows, and Linux systems;
- Excellent shell scripting skills is desired;
- Experience in working with one or more DevOps tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform) is a plus;
- Clear verbal and written communications skills;
- A self-motivated, self starter mentality, who is not afraid to roll their up sleeves and help the team succeed;
- Any of the following certifications are considered an added bonus to the role: VCP(VMware Certified Professional), VCAP(VMware Certified Advanced Professional) , VCDX(VMware Certified Design Expert), CKA(Certified Kubernetes Administrator), CCIE Data Center.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.