Software Engineer - Security Tools & Infrastructure
Forter is the leader in e-commerce fraud prevention, processing over $200 billion in online commerce transactions and protecting over 750 million consumers globally from credit card fraud, account takeover, identity theft, return abuse, and more.
Forter's fraud prevention platform feeds advanced cyber intelligence from its Global Merchant Network into predictive machine learning models to analyze behaviors, verify identities, and validate transactions without human intervention in real-time.
Of all the solutions on the market, only Forter's Decision as a Service™ provides fully automated, approve or decline, decisions backed by a 100% chargeback guarantee, eliminating the need for rules, scores, and manual reviews. The result is fraud prevention invisible to buyers that empowers merchants with increased approvals, smoother checkouts, and the near elimination of inaccurate decisions.
While we don't process quite as many requests as Google, Twitter, or Facebook, we care a great deal about reliability and latency. Every request we process is important to everyone involved. We can't go down because our customers' businesses depend on us.
At Forter, projects you might work on include:
- Continuous application and infrastructure security
- Identity and access management
- Sensitive data discovery, classification, and management
- Secure analysis of big data and trusted execution environments
- Applicative encryption frameworks
- Application security scanning, tracking, and resolution tools
You'll be expected to:
- Build and maintain security infrastructure and tools used by all of Forter's engineering teams
- Build a great customer experience for people using your infrastructure
- Implement resilient, self-healing systems, replacing alerts and ops work with automation wherever possible.
Stuff we need you to have:
- 3+ years developing complex software projects (Python / Ruby / Go / etc.)
- 2+ years with configuration management tools (Chef / Ansible / Salt / etc.)
- 2+ years working with infrastructure as code tools (Cloudformation / Terraform / Pulumi)
- Extensive experience working with public clouds (AWS / GCP / Azure)
- Solid grasp of Computer Systems fundamentals: Networking, Crypto/PKI, Linux-based OS, and its subsystems
- Solid system analysis skills and a good approach to troubleshooting
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production
- Fluent in written and spoken English
We would especially love to hear if you:
- Have a passion for application or infrastructure security
- Have experience with CNCF projects like Kubernetes, Istio, Prometheus
- Have experience with AWS/Azure IAM, Okta, Snyk, Sqreen
- Are familiar with HashiCorp's tools: Vault, Consul, etc.
- Have experience working with TSDB metrics, APM, and Tracing monitoring tools/solutions
What it’s like to work at Forter:
We believe DevOps is not a job title. It is a culture.
Each team at Forter owns and maintains the performance, availability, security, and privacy of their systems, databases, and applications. Teams perform backups, manage capacity, fix security vulnerabilities, and perform required upgrades (OS, libs, etc.). They also participate in on-call rotations to handle outages and incident response.
We believe that head-count is a vanity metric. More doesn't necessarily mean better and people matter! We prefer smaller teams of talented and cohesive teams over more working hands.
We believe in continuously increasing the IQ and EQ of our teams by building an organization that will draw such people to us. We care immensely about how the team works together, and we're not scared of hard conversations. The friction of opinions or business constraints is something we need to deal with when trying to make an impact.
We don't have QA. We don't have architects (CTO team). We have neither a NOC, nor a SOC team. Our teams are part of the system that we build, so we optimize the processes and tools to fit them. Most of our teams have a generalist-mindset, but our vast system allows people to develop expertise in the areas about which they are most passionate.
Join us in building a better version of Forter rather than a smaller version of a large company.
If you're up for the challenge, please submit your CV.
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values will be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.
More DevOps and Cloud position highlights
- Explore open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Explore open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Explore open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Explore open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Explore open Senior Cloud Architect Jobs
- Explore open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Explore open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Explore open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Explore open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer - Python/Ansible Jobs
- Explore open Senior Quality Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Application Developer: DevOps Jobs
- Explore open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer (Remote) Jobs
- Explore open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Explore open REST-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open Prometheus-related jobs
- Explore open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Explore open Jira-related jobs
- Explore open S3-related jobs
- Explore open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Explore open Virtualization-related jobs
- Explore open High availability-related jobs
- Explore open VMware-related jobs
- Explore open Golang-related jobs
- Explore open EC2-related jobs
- Explore open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Explore open Redis-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs
- Explore open JS-related jobs
- Explore open Grafana-related jobs
- Explore open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Explore open Gitlab-related jobs
- Explore open Node-related jobs
- Explore open Perl-related jobs
- Explore open Web applications-related jobs
- Explore open Spark-related jobs
- Explore open Load Balancing-related jobs
- Explore open Node.js-related jobs