Software Engineer -Tech Lead (AWS+DevOpS+Python)
Posted 3 months ago
Principal Software Engineer, Upgrades Team
Location: Pune, India
Acquia is the open source digital experience company - we provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in Boston, we’ve been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is seeking a Principal Software Engineer who can help lead our efforts to revolutionize the way we build, test, operate and monitor our cloud-based products and services. As an Upgrades Team Principal Software Engineer, you will primarily be working on a range of critical internal systems, tooling, and automation to enable migrations across platforms and tech stacks. You will work with your fellow engineers, Product Engineering, Operations, and Customer Success teams to identify inefficiencies in our current services and processes, then propose and implement changes to streamline or automate remediation.
As the Principal Software Engineer, you will…
- lead the team to execute customer migrations between Acquia’s various platforms and systems
- work to automate manual processes, create and evolve migration tooling
- contribute to our efforts to revolutionize the way we build, test, operate and monitor our cloud-based products and services
- maintain a deep understanding of system functionality and architecture, with a strong focus on the operational aspects of the service (availability, performance, change management, emergency response, capacity planning, etc)
- mentor team members and review their work
- participate in Scrum software development lifecycle
- provide product support to internal and external stakeholders
- work in a team environment where you own and operate the services you build
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- like solving complex challenges for scalable, low latency systems
- enjoy solutioning for a Cloud native environment
- enjoy collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- have a passion for DevOps and automation
What you’ll need to be successful…
- have 6+ years of software development experience with majority spent working on Cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
- have at least 1 year of experience leading and mentoring teams
- have significant hands-on scripting experience in Bash/Python/Ruby and are very comfortable navigating unix/linux based operating systems
- have integrated with APIs and built tooling/systems around distributed systems in the past
- have hands on experience with Docker, K8s or equivalent
- have hands-on experience with Devops processes and tools (Jenkins), distributed configuration management systems (Ansible, Puppet) and maintaining infrastructure as code (Terraform, Cloudformation)
- have excellent oral and written communication skills
Extra credit if you…
- hold AWS certifications
- have a mindset to automate repetitive tasks
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.