Co-Op/Intern Software Developer, Product Verification, DevOps
At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.Co-Op/Intern Software Developer, Product Verification, DevOps
Job location: our office in Ottawa, Canada
Term length: 8 or 12 months starting September 7, 2021
About the team
You are at ease working in a dynamic environment where quick learning and your ability to undertake a variety of simultaneous tasks are crucial to your success. Your passion for quality and affinity for detail allow you to consistently deliver thorough results within a framework of tight deadlines and changing priorities. You are a quick study and are a self-starter that can work with limited supervision.
This internship should provide you with exposure to requirements gathering and the delivery of targeted specialized applications. It will also expose you to the overall concepts that exist in software development from an end-to-end perspective. Being a member of the Product Operations team will give you good exposure to software development processes and software test automation activities required to deliver business-critical commercial software.
What you will do
- Develop tools for gathering testing metrics that are used by the Release Delivery team
- Analyze Jenkins pipeline executions and implement improvements to reduce infrastructure downtimes
- Develop tools for speeding up the triage of results
- Develop and maintain Jenkins pipelines responsible for validation of builds generated by the DevOps team
- Build and maintain tools used for virtual machine provisioning and deployment
- Contribute to the discovery process of internal data sources that are part of the overall development process
- Contribute to the creation of requirements around data collection, data storage and data distribution required by various parts of the organization
- Develop application frameworks that can be used to extract data from existing sources into a central data store
- Prototype the creation of dashboards using open source charting tools like D3
- Enhance the existing dashboards in terms of new metrics as well as infrastructure upgrades
- Participate in requirements gathering/implementation for new dashboards/reporting for various parts of the organization
- May perform additional projects upon request
What we are looking for
- Co-Op students in Computer Science or related programs
- Familiarity with software development in a Linux environment
- A strong drive to explore and experiment
- Completion of the 2nd year of a Computer Sciences/Computer Engineering program
- Experience with Java/Groovy/C# programming languages
- Experience with HTML/CSS
- Experience with relational databases would be an asset, as would an interest in metrics and how they are visualized
- Experience with Powershell is an asset
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis invites candidates to apply to its welcoming community. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com