DevOps Engineer - Remote
Remote - Chicago, Illinois, United States
Are you known for your ability to execute with a high degree of expediency and accuracy? Are you a direct and analytical person adept at working independently? Want to help make the world a safer, more sustainable and more creative place? If so, Black Spectacles’ DevOps Engineer role may be the perfect opportunity for you to grow in your career!
At Black Spectacles, we’re a purpose driven company, aimed squarely at educating and inspiring architects across the world so they can thrive in their careers.
Our platform attracts architects around the world who want to push the limits of their industry. Our content — which includes podcasts, design tutorials and exam prep — helps architects keep pace with emerging technologies and software so they can do their best work.
Black Spectacles is Chicago-based with a fully remote staff. We are a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company and ranked #11 in Education on the INC. 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Company List in 2019. To keep that momentum going strong, we’re expanding our team of enthusiastic go-getters. We’re on the hunt for a DevOps Engineer to ensure system reliability, stability, and scalability of our SaaS products and platforms by performing all DevOps activities.
- Architect, implement, automate, and support a world-class, cloud-native SaaS solution in AWS to improve security, efficiency, performance, and reliability.
- Manage all production and pre-production environments, as well as production deployments utilizing industry standard build and deployment tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, CloudFormation, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Be responsible for hands-on coding tasks as well as operational activities.
- Demonstrated experience managing AWS cloud infrastructure in a growing environment - AWS certification is a must
- You aim to and take great pride in keeping systems up and running 24/7
- Extensive experience with container-based technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, EKS, GKS
- Strong experience with different cloud services such as Amazon Elastic Beanstalk, AWS API Gateway, Lambda, SNS, S3, Guard Duty, Cloudtrail, etc.
- You have experience with Source Code Management toolset (GitHub, Bitbucket)
- You have experience monitoring system health, testing system under load, identifying and fixing security vulnerabilities in the cloud infrastructure
- Experience managing cloud security, including remediation, identification, and compliance verification
- Hands-on experience building and deploying complex applications in a production environment.
- Knowledgeable about managing infrastructure as code (using Terraform, CloudFormation, etc)
- Enthusiastic problem solver who loves to write code to solve automation/glue problems and develop effective tooling
- “Self-Starter” attitude, able to make decisions independently while taking ownership of continuous improvements
- Knowledge of database systems (Aurora/MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Adept at writing specifications and documentation, and can assist with DevOps culture adoption in our organization
- ‘Work from wherever’ policy
- Unlimited Vacation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health, dental, vision, short-term / long-term disability and life insurance
- Flexible Savings Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- 401k with Employer match
- Profit sharing program
- Employee referral program
- Commuter pre-tax program
- Frequent team events & quarterly social gatherings
Black Spectacles is an equal opportunity employer.
More DevOps and Cloud position highlights
- Explore open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Explore open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Explore open Senior Cloud Architect Jobs
- Explore open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Explore open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Explore open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer - Python/Ansible Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Explore open Software Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Senior Quality Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Application Developer: DevOps Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer (Remote) Jobs
- Explore open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Explore open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Explore open REST-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Explore open Prometheus-related jobs
- Explore open Jira-related jobs
- Explore open S3-related jobs
- Explore open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Explore open Virtualization-related jobs
- Explore open High availability-related jobs
- Explore open VMware-related jobs
- Explore open Golang-related jobs
- Explore open EC2-related jobs
- Explore open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Explore open Redis-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs
- Explore open JS-related jobs
- Explore open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Explore open Grafana-related jobs
- Explore open Gitlab-related jobs
- Explore open Node-related jobs
- Explore open Perl-related jobs
- Explore open Web applications-related jobs
- Explore open Spark-related jobs
- Explore open Load Balancing-related jobs
- Explore open Node.js-related jobs