Software Engineer - Platform Response & Reliability Engineering
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is hiring a Software Engineer on our Response Engineering team as part of the Platform Response & Reliability Engineering organization. You will help build tooling, define processes, promote standard methodologies, and implement vendor tooling across Twilio to improve our incident response effectiveness. You will assist the team in developing tooling and operational capabilities based on real-time signals that enhance our response effectiveness, identify and communicate customer impact, and improve the on-call experience across teams at Twilio.
Twilio is looking for a Software Engineer with a consistent record of success to live the Twilio Magic. Ideal candidates will have:
- A clear sense of Being an Owner, Wearing the Customer Shoes, with the ability to Empower Others through clear communication, mentoring, and coaching.
- First-hand experience in incident response and knowledge of standard methodologies for incident response.
- Skills to work independently with multiple global teams, developing, configuring, deploying, and operating new tooling.
- Experience building tooling and processes for large organizations using a variety of languages (Java, Python, and Go).
- Ability to think at scale, bringing a focus on continuous delivery methodologies from design through deployment and operations.
- Experience building and managing automations and processes with tools including PagerDuty, Atlassian’s StatusPage, FireHydrant.io, Datadog, Kafka, and more.
- Bachelor's/Master's degree or equivalent experience.
- 1+ years of experience in a DevOps or SRE environment.
As a Software Engineer on the Response Engineering team, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER - You will develop, deploy, operate, and support Twilio’s incident response processes, automations, and tooling.
- WRITE IT DOWN: You will craft standard methodologies as runbooks to share knowledge across teams.
- DRAW THE OWL: We still have problems we haven’t even thought of! You’ll need to recognize gaps in systems, services, and processes to achieve ultimate success.
- EMPOWER OTHERS - You have the desire to collaborate across teams on standard methodologies to build, test, and operate tooling, processes, and automations at scale.
Twilio Developers use our Messaging, Voice, Video, and Email platform to build unique communication experiences for customer interactions around the globe. Twilio’s Platform Engineering organization develops and operates the worldwide infrastructure to support these services.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Atlanta office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks