WHO WE ARE
Squire is the world’s leading and fastest-growing software technology platform for barbershops, a hundred-billion-dollar global industry. We provide a one-stop solution that helps small business entrepreneurs run and grow their businesses.
Squire is also the premiere booking engine that connects people with great barbers nationwide. We make it easy to discover and book the best barbers wherever you are, in just a few taps.
With headquarters in New York and a presence in major cities in the United States, U.K. and Canada, Squire has quickly become a market leader in technology solutions for the barbershop industry.
Squire is currently a Series C company and has raised over $100M to date.
For more information, please visit getSquire.com or download the Squire iOS app from the App Store.
SQUIRE is looking for an exceptional DevOps Engineer to join our highly coveted DevOps team. The DevOps Engineer will implement, manage, and maintain new methodologies, tools, and processes that will enable us to deliver higher-quality solutions in a more scalable and timely manner.
Director of DevOps
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure.
- Translating the needs of stakeholders and developers into technical solutions.
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes.
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats.
- Identifying technical problems and developing updates and fixes.
- Working with software developers and engineers to ensure that processes are followed.
- Scoping projects and project task estimation.
- Monitoring progress of work in daily team syncs, updating ticket status.
- Constantly evaluating systems and processes for opportunities to improve or increase efficiency.
- Creating necessary DevOps end-user and technical documentation and training.
- Helping teammates remove roadblocks and hit Sprint commitments.
- Quickly surfacing issues and any deviations from the plan to internal stakeholders (Project teams, Leadership, etc).
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) networking, services, and architecture.
- Strong knowledge of Terraform Open Source.
- Experience creating and working with Terraform modules.
- Experience working with the AWS Terraform provider.
- Knowledge about Terraform Cloud or Terraform Enterprise (workspaces, module registries).
- Experience working with the Atlassian suite of products (Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence).
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Experience working with enterprise reporting and monitoring tools (New Relic preferred).
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals.
- Experience with one or more scripting languages a plus (bash, python, etc).
- Experience working with configuration management software is a plus.
- Knowledge of container-based architecture, management, and orchestration a plus.
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and automation (Jenkins preferred).
- A can-do attitude that can hit deadlines without cutting corners or sacrificing structural integrity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong emotional intelligence and an ability for dynamic partnership across departments.
- Detail-oriented and data-driven.
- Able to successfully organize and manage working with an agile team in 2-week sprint cycles.
- Impeccable time management and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to consistently estimate work to hit delivery timelines without losing good work-life balance.
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient with a strategic mindset.
- Degree not required. If you fit the bill of the above and the description below, I only want to know two things: What have you built that you can show me(please provide a link), and what exactly were/are you responsible for in that link. Please provide credentials for me if required.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Work/Life Balance: remote work with a flexible PTO policy
Family-Friendly Benefits: extended parental leave
Health & Wellness: company-paid medical/vision/dental for employee and family, 401(k) with company contribution, free One Medical membership, free monthly subscription to mental wellness apps, monthly Squire credits for haircuts, stipend for home office equipment/supplies
Squire provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.