Software Engineer, Lidar Infrastructure
Pittsburgh, PA, Metro Detroit, MI, Palo Alto, CA, Cranbury, NJ
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Argo AI’s Lidar team is developing a disruptive Geiger-mode lidar enabling rich point cloud range and resolution beyond what is available in the market today for autonomous vehicles. What this means for our customers is a more capable sensor which enables safer and more performant autonomous perception systems.
Our Lidar team has a decade of history in delivering Geiger-mode products for other industries, and we are optimizing our Geiger-mode technology for automotive-oriented mass production. Our design is novel from a technical standpoint and will offer performance essential to scaling the deployment of driverless cars. As a Software Engineer focused on lidar signal processing, you will develop tools and infrastructure to support our lidar signal processing team.
What you’ll do:
- Create tools and infrastructure to support development of state-of-the-art signal processing techniques for lidar.
- Deliver high-quality software to support lidar signal processing development including verification, simulation, and data analysis.
- Develop Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines for automating development of signal processing algorithms, including test and verification.
- Drive the application of best practices to ensure code testability and health while increasing engineering throughput.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Expertise with Python
- A deep understanding of software development fundamentals
- Experience working with CI systems incorporating automated test frameworks
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration
Nice to haves:
- Understanding of sensing systems, specifically signal processing techniques
- Experience with large (multi-TB) data sets
- Experience with Bazel or similar build systems
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.