Senior DevOps Engineer
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our Integration business. We build, maintain and operate solutions focused on helping our customers modernize their applications by removing platform issues and opening up access to valuable business data. The technical domains we operate in are APIs/integration, containerization, DevOps and public cloud.
This role would suit someone with a strong technical background in DevOps processes for the delivery of software solutions. Experience with containerization technologies is desirable, but not essential. The role will involve working with our Developers and Architects to design, build and execute DevOps solutions for our customers, both in public cloud and on-premise.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing team, learn and develop new skills and work in one of IDC’s “Top 3 Digital Enterprise key priorities”. We look forward to having an enthusiastic person join our growing team!
What you’ll bring
- CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Azure DevOps, or similar
- Clear communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience working in public cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure
- Understands Integration, DevOps and Cloud technologies and able to work closely with the development team at a technical level
- Can work independently to design and automate solutions, or as part of a larger team
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment.
An added advantage would be experience in any of the following:
- Experience in containerization practices and automation tools, e.g. Docker, Openshift, Kubernetes, Ansible, Puppet or similar
- Integration technologies such as Azure APIM, MuleSoft, 3Scale, WSO2, Oracle/IBM integration suites, Apache Camel, or similar
- Ops/Administration, Linux or other OS experience
We are looking for a someone with an open mind and practical approach that can help us to solve real business and technical problems using the latest technology. If you enjoy constantly learning and are always willing to lend a hand, then we want to hear from you!
We have over 6,200 people across our global offices, and generate an annual revenue of over $1.2 billion, this makes us one of Australasia’s largest professional IT services companies. We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, providing IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations. With this comes a long list of significant clients Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.