Senior Manager, Analytics Infrastructure Engineering
Wayfair.com is a leader in the e-commerce space for all things home. By using technology and data to create a best-in-class experience for our customers, it gives us a competitive advantage in the global homegoods market.
The Analytics Infrastructure and Insights team is responsible for supporting Wayfair’s open, data-first culture. Data drives every action at Wayfair, and we make it useful and personalized to all of our analysts, scientists, and engineers. This team tackles data problems at scale - from building a world-class analytics workbench with tools for orchestration, data discovery, anomaly detection to designing the underlying cloud data platform that enables discovery and analysis for a global company. We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager who is passionate about leveraging technology and leading a team to solve complex problems within the dynamic and rapidly growing Ecommerce space.
What You’ll Do
- Own one of our core platform teams and architect solutions at scale to empower a global user base of tens of thousands of data consumers and thousands of data scientists, engineers, and analysts.
- Build relationships with technical leaders and business decision-makers to develop cross functional technology and improve collaboration, decision-making, and influence decisions.
- Own the development and operation of the platform, advocating for best practices to ensure up-time/reliability and a successful platform.
- Build an engaged team and manage the careers of a group of high performing engineers .
- Constantly re-evaluate open-source, marketing, and internal solutions to keep current with industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Contribute to shared toolings and standards to improve the productivity and quality of the broader data infrastructure org.
- Be willing and ready to acquire new skills and knowledge to develop both yourself and your team professionally and personally.
What You Have
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience in DevOps or Data Engineering in a senior or technical lead role
- Prior experience leading/managing engineers in an Agile environment
- Experience with deploying and managing containerized applications, such as on Kubernetes or Docker
- Experience with using cloud database, storage, and services as part of an application (GCP, AWS, or Azure)
Nice to Have
- Experience with modern frontend frameworks like React, Vue, as well as supporting state stores
- Experience with real-time streaming tools and frameworks, such as Kafka, Pubsub, Beam and Flink
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More DevOps and Cloud position highlights
- Explore open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Explore open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Explore open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Explore open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Explore open Senior Cloud Architect Jobs
- Explore open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Explore open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Explore open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Explore open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer - Python/Ansible Jobs
- Explore open Senior Quality Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Application Developer: DevOps Jobs
- Explore open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer (Remote) Jobs
- Explore open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Explore open REST-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open Prometheus-related jobs
- Explore open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Explore open Jira-related jobs
- Explore open S3-related jobs
- Explore open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Explore open Virtualization-related jobs
- Explore open High availability-related jobs
- Explore open VMware-related jobs
- Explore open Golang-related jobs
- Explore open EC2-related jobs
- Explore open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Explore open Redis-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs
- Explore open JS-related jobs
- Explore open Grafana-related jobs
- Explore open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Explore open Gitlab-related jobs
- Explore open Node-related jobs
- Explore open Perl-related jobs
- Explore open Web applications-related jobs
- Explore open Spark-related jobs
- Explore open Load Balancing-related jobs
- Explore open Node.js-related jobs