Infrastructure Implementation Project Manager
Ocado is a UK based company admitted to trading on the London Stock Exchange (Ticker OCDO). It comprises one of the world's largest dedicated online grocery retailers, operating its own grocery and general merchandise retail businesses under Ocado.com* and other specialist shop banners, together with its Ocado Solutions division.
Ocado Solutions is responsible for corporate partnerships, providing the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP) as a service to retailers around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications required to operate a world class online grocery business. It is underpinned by Ocado's proven expertise and experience as a dedicated online grocer in the UK.
Our unique, proprietary and industry-leading technology is set to transform the shopping experience of consumers around the world. We have partnered with Kroger to help it redefine the grocery customer experience in the USA through the adoption of the centralized, automated model of online retailing provided by the Ocado Smart Platform.
Come join us as we build our North American team, bringing world class innovation and technologies to one of the most exciting global markets for e-commerce.
*In February 2019, Ocado Group announced the creation of an online grocery retail joint venture with Marks & Spencer plc, one of the UK's leading food and clothing retailers.
What is the Infrastructure Implementation Team?
Our Infrastructure Implementation Team is tasked with building and delivering the products and infrastructure designed and developed by Ocado Technology. We like to think that we are on the cutting edge of changing consumers overall shopping experience. We don’t simply look at this as a grocery revolution we look at this as changing what has been the status quo for over 100 years. We are rapidly gaining global recognition of who we are as a company and what we bring to market. Infrastructure Implementation now delivers products and projects internationally, as such we are looking for new team members who are comfortable with multitasking and working across a range of projects at the same time while delivering the highest quality. As a team, we strive for constant improvement and efficiency in all that we do and focus on successful delivery.
What You Will Do
As our Infrastructure Implementation Project Manager, day-to-day responsibilities could include:
- Contribute to and manage various aspects of multiple (usually 2-3) major IT hardware infrastructure projects concurrently through the full project lifecycle
- Craft project plans and track progress on tasks against agreed upon milestones
- Build and track project budgets in excess of $7M
- Work directly with a Technical Delivery Manager on large scale project deliverables ensuring adherence to the overall project plan and budget
- Monitor and handle all project metrics in order to prioritize multiple business critical issues, while ensuring prompt delivery of updates to key stakeholders
- Communicate with the business at all levels, from engineers to Board level
- Management, mentor, and lead a team of widely dispersed individuals as a cohesive project team
- Introduce new processes while also improving existing ones
- Check and negotiate the IT aspects of any contracts with any external contractors while working with Ocado Legal where applicable
- Understand the components within the overall project and the dependencies associated with them
You may be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request from time-to-time. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
Who You Are
To qualify for this position, you should meet the following requirements:
- BS in Information Technology, Information Systems Management, or Computer Science, or an equivalent combination of education and/or work experience
- 8+ years of applicable IT and Project Management experience
- An IT Infrastructure Project Management background in the build-out of all IT components associated with greenfield sites such as Modular Data Centres, Structured Cabling, CCTV & WiFi and the coordinated management of resources associated with such infrastructure
- Proven ability to manage international projects across multiple time zones and flexibility to work remotely and with teams in other time zones. An ability to manage geographically dispersed projects across the US
- Significant experience working in a customer facing, service or support role
- The ability to prioritize multiple business critical issues and manage updates to key business partners in a time critical manner
- Considerable Project Management experience, demonstrating responsibility for delivering successful change across a variety of projects ideally within an IT Infrastructure or other IT field
- An understanding of project management principles together with an understanding of issue and risk management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Bonus Points if You Have
- Modular Data Center fit out and IT Infrastructure implementation experience
- Project Management of a Greenfield site build out
- Vendor/Reseller Management experience
- PMP or similarly recognized project management qualification
- Use of Project Management tools such as Smartsheets
- Professional experience in one or all of Windows, Unix or Networking environments
- Electrical, cabling, building or mechanical engineering experience
- Any Project Management in an FMCG environment
- International Project Management - familiar with international projects and travel
Our Infrastructure Implementation Project Manager position will work remotely from Atlanta, GA. Periodic travel of up to 25% will be required for this role.
Ocado is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.