Release Infrastructure Engineer
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
Snowflake’s unique architecture allows us to maintain an agile delivery cadence while still providing a very high degree of stability and reliability for customers.
Our intent is to provide a fast and efficient release and deployment model while maintaining an exacting level of quality.
At Snowflake our goal is to make each individual feel valued for his or her contributions to the company’s mission. We are looking for smart people who want to do remarkable things. We strive to create an environment of casual intensity where people enjoy coming to work every day.
You have a strong understanding of Distributed Systems, Infrastructure, Automation, and SaaS Release models. You have experience working as a release engineer, with data analytics and continuous deployment automation tool-sets. You can apply the best coding practices and data analysis to build more efficient and ever-increasing quality systems.
You’re knowledgeable. You love digging into new technologies and figuring out how to incorporate what they offer into your infrastructure. You understand different people have different needs to be productive, and strive to develop self-service oriented solutions.
AS A RELEASE INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER AT SNOWFLAKE YOU WILL:
- Design and build tools to support data analytics around our release process.
- Discover release, deployment, and quality trends by analyzing large amounts of production data.
- Design and build dashboards to inform various stakeholders on the progress and quality of each release.
- Design and build release automation tools to support a multi-cloud data warehouse.
- Optimize Java and C/C++ build pipelines.
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, efficiency, and maintainability.
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaboration with and influence others to improve the overall design.
- Strong sense of ownership and desire to build great tools for other engineers.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- BS/CS, MS/CS or equivalent.
- At least 5+ years of experience in software development (SaaS experience preferred)
- Strong coding skills in Python/Groovy/Java/C++
- Expertise with Linux environments and scripting experience.
- Experience optimizing build infrastructure and pipelines.
- Experience with Cloud-based infrastructure services, AWS, Azure and/or Google Cloud is a plus.
- Experience and knowledge of Git, JIRA, and Jenkins a plus.
- Solid understanding of software release models and a passion to drive understanding and efficiencies in the process.
- Attention to detail and ability to build reliable and scalable software systems.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Service-oriented mindset.
- Ability to debug, troubleshoot, and resolve complex technical issues.
- Self-driven and motivated with a strong work ethic and passion for problem-solving.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?