Senior Platform Engineer
San Francisco or Remote (US)
Mission (About the Role)
As a Senior Platform Engineer at Mux, you will help build and operate Mux's high traffic, distributed platforms that power our products. Our SRE team works cross-functionally to ensure that services are reliable and easy to operate. We invest in tooling, automation, and infrastructure that reduces friction for engineers to develop and manage our software. We’re looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer who will enjoy the fast-paced nature of a high-growth startup, and has a strong record of building internal tooling and operating services through partnerships with product engineering teams.
Outcomes (What You'll Do)
- Lead and participate in the design and deployment of major shared infrastructure components to improve the availability and scalability of our services.
- Partner with product engineering teams to ensure the SLOs of our products.
- Lead and scale our incident management, post mortem processes, and on-call training.
- Build tooling and automation to support and increase accessibility of our platform with the goals of increasing the velocity of our product engineering teams.
- Support services from inception to delivery by bringing a cross-stack eye towards: System Design, Scale, Automation, Capacity and Reliability.
- Educate and train engineers on developer tooling and standards around reliability.
- Cloud: Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, Fastly, Cloudflare
- Orchestration: Kubernetes, Docker, Envoy, Tilt
- Metrics: Prometheus, Grafana, Jaeger, Elasticsearch
Competencies (Who You Are)
- 5+ years of engineering experience. You’re a strong engineer comfortable working across multiple platforms and environments.
- Solid engineering fundamentals (CS degree a plus).
- Experience with deploying complex applications on cloud platforms using a container orchestration platform, such as Kubernetes.
- Experience with administering high availability data technologies.
- Ability to build tooling in a general purpose programming language (Golang or Python preferred).
- Video experience a plus but not required.
If you don't have all of these requirements but think your experience could be a great fit, that's okay! Please apply and we can talk about what's most needed in the role
You'd join an amazing team from places like Google/YouTube, Amazon/Twitch, Facebook/Oculus, Brightcove, Bain, and the BBC. We have a supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance.
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy work-life balance encouraged
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee and 50% dependent premium coverage)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Group life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Investment in career growth and training
- Thought leadership and peer recognition program
- “Day of Learning” events
- Reimbursements for headphones, cell phones, device upgrades, and SVOD services of Mux customers
Mux is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse company. We believe diversity makes us better, and we strive to be inclusive and equitable. That’s why we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Location: San Francisco or Remote (US)