Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure
Niantic’s Engineering Team is seeking Software Engineers to join the core infrastructure team that supports the hosted AR/Geo platform underpinning projects such as Pokémon GO, Ingress, and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, and future titles built on this platform. You will work on real-time indexing, querying and aggregation problems at a scale of hundreds of millions of events per day as well as encapsulating those technologies behind easily understood, well-organized APIs to enable development of planet-scale AR experiences.
- You will craft Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solutions to support planet-scale concurrent networking, multiplayer gameplay and large datastores in C++ and Go.
- You will build robust, low-latency, scalable systems and infrastructure that support Niantic’s developers and products.
- You will collaborate with other specialists, product managers, and other departments to ensure code meets internal standards.
- You have demonstrated ability creating scalable, real-time multiplayer or cloud-based server systems.
- You have delivered at least once a realtime high availability solution.
- You are proficient in compiled languages such as C++, Go and Java.
- You have delivered solutions to production environments, and provided tools to monitor, support and mitigate any issues.
- You have written network protocol using gRPC for high availability data systems.
- You have extended Kubernetes and/or are familiar with Kubernetes operators.
- You have built distributed solutions for configuration, health and auto-mitigation of services.
- You have experience with deployment on hosting providers, such as Google Cloud, Azure or AWS.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.