Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
Founded in Switzerland in 2013, Smallpdf provides a simple, secure, and reliable answer to heavy, awkward PDF software, and has become the most-loved and most-trusted PDF software on the planet. We serve over 500 million users in 24 different languages, and in every country in the world—even Antarctica!
As one of the most successful startups in Switzerland, with staff from all over the world, we’re on a mission to make PDF easy. We love open-source and using the latest technologies to scale our distributed application to process millions of files every day.
As a DevOps Engineer at Smallpdf, you are responsible for improving and maintaining our infrastructure on AWS and enabling product teams to build new features.
Our Backend Stack:
- Manage and improve our AWS based infrastructure making it more scalable, reliable, secure, and cost-efficient
- Work independently and take responsibility and ownership of your work
- Enable development teams to build, test and release software in a fully automated manner
- Help us to build monitoring infrastructure that improves our application and infrastructure availability and observability
- Manage and improve our data analytics and ETL infrastructure
- Work closely with our developers when designing infrastructure for our applications
- Work on the backup and disaster recovery processes
- Proficient in designing and implementing systems on AWS
- 3+ years of DevOps Experience
- Well versed and experienced with Infrastructure as Code concept especially Terraform
- Well versed and experienced with configuration management especially Ansible
- Very good knowledge of CI/CD systems and tools including Jenkins/GitHub Actions
- Very good knowledge of HTTP protocol, L7/L4 load balancing and message passing systems
- Very good knowledge of Docker and at least one container orchestrator (ECS/Kubernetes etc)
- Experienced with monitoring tools such as Prometheus, InfluxDB, Grafana
- Experienced with log analytics systems such as ELK stack, Splunk
- Experienced in general linux systems administration
- The opportunity to impact a successful, growing scale-up and its tools used by millions worldwide.
- Work in small, highly motivated, cross-functional teams that push boundaries.
- A dedicated annual budget and time off for personal development
- Enjoy company events in the Swiss Alps, on Lake Zurich, or even further afield.
- After-work events include BBQs, cinema, game nights, meet-ups, and more.
- Learn German with our free German language course.
- Hack days to challenge yourself and the team.
- Unlimited free coffee and drinks.
- Weekly team lunch on the house.
- Brand new offices in the heart of Zurich.
Rated by Forbes as one of the top 10 cities in the world for work-life balance, Zurich is the place to work for anyone who wants more out of life. From chocolate, cheese, and Rӧsti to snow-capped mountains, haute couture, Swiss-made watches, and outstanding public transport, whatever it is that makes your heart beat faster, it’s all right here in Switzerland—and so is Smallpdf.
Smallpdf is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a talented, diverse, and inclusive workforce is our greatest strength. We strongly oppose any form of hiring or workplace discrimination against candidates or employees on any basis, including race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, philosophy, nationality, disability, or genetic information. We’re committed to fostering a safe, supportive environment where everyone can come to work as their full selves and reach their greatest potential.
By sending your application, you allow Smallpdf to handle and store your data.
Smallpdf does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Smallpdf and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.