Senior Finance Analyst, AWS Infrastructure
Seattle, Washington, USA
Come join our AWS Infrastructure Finance team as a Senior Financial Analyst. You will be joining Hardware Engineering Finance as we partner with Hardware Engineers to decide on the components and servers that will provide the best performance at lowest cost for our customers. You will have exposure to the whole portfolio of AWS hardware (compute, storage, edge) and to cutting-edge server technology.
You will be responsible for opex and capex planning (OP1, OP2, Quarterly Risks & Opportunities) for the Hardware Engineering team.
The successful candidate will be highly analytical, process-oriented and able to work effectively across multiple finance and business teams.
You don't need to be a hardware expert to join this team!
The successful candidate will be highly analytical, process-oriented and able to work effectively across multiple teams.
· Own the budgeting process for Hardware Engineering headcount, operating expenses (mainly employee-related and third-party engineering costs) and capital expenditures, for the yearly budgeting cycles (OP1, OP2) and quarterly estimates
· Report on monthly actuals for Opex and Capex, bridge to forecast
· Interact with AWS senior management and FP&A on all budgeting and actual opex/capex topics
· Lead the financial planning and analysis effort and forecast various metrics for financial risks and opportunities.
· Drive automation of reporting and bridging, using tools such as PowerBI, Python, QuickSight, etc.
· 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
· BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 3 years of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Advanced modeling skills, including strong knowledge of Excel
Preferred Qualifications· MBA or Master’s in a related field
· Comfortable working with cross-functional teams and dealing with ambiguity.
· Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Knowledge of SQL, Business Intelligence tools, or the willingness to learn
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Job tags: AWS Python SQL
Job region(s): North America
Job stats: 0 0 0