New York, NY
About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we've built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men's hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for acid reflux), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We're growing rapidly, recently raised a $47m Series B, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, First Round, and Greycroft, among others.
This year, we are honored to be included on Built In's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
The Role / What’s the opportunity?
We are looking for engineers with experience or interest in cloud infrastructure to build, support and scale the foundations of our services, systems and applications.
This role reports to our Infrastructure Team Engineering Manager
Responsibilities / What will I be doing? / You will…
- Designing, deploying and maintaining AWS infrastructure with Terraform.
- Instrumenting codebases to provide observability into system health.
- Building and maintaining CI pipelines to test and deploy code.
- Planning for the growth of our infrastructure.
- Working across teams to identify and improve engineering standards, tools and processes.
Qualifications / What skills do I need? / You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- 4+ years experience as a Software Engineer.
- Strong programming proficiency (we use Ruby and Node.js).
- Experience maintaining three-tier web applications.
- Experience with Cloud Providers, with a preference for AWS.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code, with a preference for Terraform.
- Experience with Container Orchestration, with a preference for Kubernetes.
- Experience with CI systems to test and deploy systems.
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely through July 2021 to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide Refresh days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
Benefits for full-time Thirty Madison employees:
- Competitive salary, equity, and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.