Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Encompass is the creator of Know Your Customer (KYC) automation software, utilizing robotic search to discover everything a KYC policy demands.
With offices in Sydney, Glasgow, London, Singapore and Belgrade we are a rapidly growing international company. We are fortunate to have some of the industry’s leading professionals amongst us and a group of bright and committed teammates.
About the Role
Do you want to be part of a dedicated team which delivers best-in-class cloud-based SaaS solutions? If the answer is yes, we may have the ideal career move for you!
We use a modern tech stack which is mainly composed of Java 8/11, ES9, AngularJs, React, Spring Framework/Boot, Micro-services, MongoDB, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ecosystem, Auth0, ActiveMQ, Tomcat8.
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for technical aspects of Encompass’s Cloud Hosting. The role is responsible for supporting the company’s hosting requirements for all levels of customer. This includes a combination of environments that is either dedicated to single-tenant or multi-tenant enrollment. The role also sits on the edge of modern digital transformation such as: Infrastructure as Code and Cloud-Native automation.
This role reports to the Head of Cloud Engineering and is responsible for the day to day processes that support the availability, scalability and security of the SaaS platform.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Responsible for day to day operations that support Encompass’s global SaaS Cloud Hosting requirements
- Assist the Head of Cloud Engineering to plan and roll out new customer environments
- Design and work with the IT Operations team to deliver cost effective and fit for purpose cloud and internal infrastructure solutions designed to meet performance, cost, redundancy and SLA requirements
- Plan and manage infrastructure migrations between cloud platforms and regions
- Ensure existing infrastructure and systems meet performance, cost, redundancy and SLA requirements
- Implement backup and DR plans that are effective, documented, reviewed and tested on a regular basis
- Assist other DevOps and Cloud Engineering team members on required maintenance activities, projects and other tasks required to maintain or improve cloud infrastructure
- Develop, implement and communicate any required infrastructure changes in a careful and deliberate manner to improve Encompass’s cloud systems including enhancing security, performance, simplicity and resilience
- Support the implementation and adaptation of processes & procedures for the ongoing maintenance of the company cloud systems maintaining adequate and accurate system documentation
- Knowledge of Infrastructure Security Operations and Practices would be beneficial as would skills in firewall and security appliances
- Previous experience in Financial Services or Banking preferrable
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated extensive experience with cloud technologies, such as AWS/Azure
- Experience with LDAP, Active Directory, Azure AD and Identity and Role Based Identity and Access Management Systems would be preferable
- Strong general networking and network troubleshooting knowledge. Routing, VPN, network security, DNS, Load Balancers
- Strong systems administration knowledge for any Linux distribution, preferably Ubuntu
- Previous experience with Terraform, Tomcat, ActiveMQ and Kafka
- Previous experience in configuration management such as Ansible, Puppet or similar technologies.
- Experience with data layer clustering and replication, such as distributed files systems and highly available database cluster.
- Good grounding in managing and supporting the Atlassian tool suite
- Knowledge of CICD processes and tooling (GitLab, BitBucket, Bamboo, Nexus, SonarQube) a plus
- Solid software development or scripting in at least one development stack, ideally including Java and Python.
- Strong ability to document completely and accurately at all levels of solution implementation
We offer a rewarding and challenging place to work, a transparent and collaborative culture and a well rounded benefits package. Below are some of what we currently offer:
- Participation in our industry leading share options scheme
- Company wide bonus
- Staff pension plan
- We expect to announce our “post-COVID” hybrid flexible-first working policy in the coming weeks
- L&D budget for all members of staff
- Udemy license for all members of staff to support learning and career development
- Enhanced annual, personal and parental leave schemes
- Paid volunteering leave programme
- Employer recognition and employee assistance programmes