Network Deployment Engineer (Starlink)
Redmond, WA, United States
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
NETWORK DEPLOYMENT ENGINEER (STARLINK)
One of the most ambitious missions that SpaceX has undertaken to date, the Starlink satellite constellation is our solution to providing reliable internet to the entire world. We are looking for a talented network deployment engineer who will be in charge of ensuring that our newly deployed ground stations are activated and integrated into our globally spanning network. This is a key activity to ensure that Starlink becomes a truly global ISP. You will be part of a team that connects our satellite constellation to the internet and brings connectivity to the un-connected and the poorly connected regions of the world.
- Responsible for activation of gateway sites
- Manage and expand network interconnections between ground stations (gateways) and the PoP (points of presence)
- Travel to new deployment sites to work with field teams to bring up new locations
- Maintain the uptime and performance of the ground network
- Solve technical and operational issues with circuit’s vendors
- Assist in updating system configuration and firmware
- Assist in architecting how Starlink satellite assets will integrate with more traditional ground networks
- 3+ years of professional hands-on experience operating a service provider or global cloud network
- Experience with Python and/or bash scripting
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or engineering discipline
- Familiarity with service provider networks including but not limited to:
- Connectivity (Ethernet, WDM, IPv4 and IPv6)
- Switching (MPLS, QinQ)
- Routing (BGP, OSPF, IS-IS)
- Internet services (DNS, DHCP, NTP, etc.)
- Experience with hands-on work in bringing up network infrastructure
- Experience creating documentation and procedures
- Must be willing to do some travel domestically and globally in the future when needed
- Must be available for on-call rotations
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.