Sr. Platform Engineer - Pardot
San Francisco, CA, USA
The Sr. Platform Engineer - Pardot, Salesforce Sales Cloud is a marketing technology professional who can work with the Marketing Technology Architect to implement outstanding solutions and features for Slack marketing users.
You will bring to bear your confirmed background in marketing technology to help tackle business problems/provide new business opportunities through technical know-how and creative thinking. Would you like an opportunity to help one of the fastest-growing software companies of all time continue to grow at a rapid pace, building scalable tools and features that not only serve but delight marketers and sales colleagues!
This is a distinctly hands-on role that will have phenomenal fun executing builds in our marketing systems and seeing their products being used by the business as it grows rapidly. If your ideal work day is turning on some music and building things, this role is for you!
[Default Slack Summary] Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Design and support automated processes in marketing systems, related integrations and handle ongoing list of activities and improvements.
- Understand feature scope designs, build new functionality in sandbox, and implement in production upon UAT approval.
- Perform administrative changes in marketing tools including Pardot and Salesforce Sales Cloud -- crafting fields, creating users, and more.
- Periodically audit solutions to ensure that they are being used as intended and are not experiencing issues that could be addressed through an additional phase of development.
- Monitor marketing technology platforms to identify everyday issues and to help resolve bugs.
- Resolve or raise issues that are occurring in systems, like incorrect campaign configuration or data quality issues that need to be resolved, regardless of whether this role leads the resolution of said issue or not; “if you see something, say something”
- Keep up with the latest and greatest features/use cases available in our marketing technology systems and share these opportunities with the Architect.
What you should have
- 5+ years of experience in marketing technology; advanced administrator of marketing systems and able to pick up new technologies easily, based on years of experience doing so.
- Entrepreneurial spirit; looks for opportunities for improvement of systems and elevates them to Architect for consideration.
- 2+ years of experience doing Salesforce Administrator work.
- Experience running UAT and implementing scalable functionality at a fast-growing business, ideally Enterprise-level.
- Strong emotional intelligence and confident, collaborative personality; willing to be open to new ideas, but also willing to contribute feedback and bounce around ideas with the Architect to achieve the shared goal -- developing the best solutions for marketers.
- Strong functional knowledge of marketing, demand generation, and lead management core concepts required.
- Advanced knowledge of Pardot and Salesforce Sales Cloud; experience building new functionality and custom solutions within the platforms.
- Experience with Workato (preferred), Tray.io, MuleSoft, or other middleware integration tools.
- Experience with other marketing systems, like Drift, ON24, SplashThat, Metadata.io, Convertr.
- Experience with database schema design, data cleansing/appending/enrichment, data exporting.
- HTML, CSS, APIs (SOAP/REST), form posts, SQL, SFTP, 1st/3rd party tracking, query strings, CMS, web authentication is a plus.
- Preferred: Pardot Consultant Certification
- Required: Salesforce Administrator Certification (ADM201)
- Nice to have: Salesforce Advanced Administrator, Sales Cloud Consultant certifications.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.