Cyber Automation Engineer
Falls Church, Virginia, United States
At phia, our goal is to hire talented and passionate team members who desire to grow their skillsets, as well as the reputation of the company with our partners, clients, and stakeholders.
We are seeking a Cyber Automation Engineer to support a large Federal Security Operations Center (SOC). This support contract provides a broad range of cyber services to all components under the CISO including cyber operations, cyber risk, security engineering and digital integration departments.
The Cyber Automation Engineer will design, implement, integrate, test, and maintain playbooks within a Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) platform to enable the automation and orchestration of cybersecurity operations. This position is based in Falls Church, VA.
- Designs, implements, integrates, test, and maintains playbooks within a SOAR platform to enable the automation and orchestration of cybersecurity operations.
- Solves routine problems of limited scope and complexity.
- Works with development team to build automated playbooks using low-code automation tools to support cybersecurity incident responses.
- Applies agile methodology, delivering products in small iterations.
Education + Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of related experience required.
- At least 1 year of programming or scripting experience required.
- Cybersecurity Operations/Incident Response knowledge/experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience with: SOAR, Automation, Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Experience with development, staging, and production when delivering code to users.
- Knowledge of Python, ThreatConnect, REST API, or Splunk Phantom.
- Ability to work successfully in a scrum/agile environment.
- CompTIA Security + (or related) is desired.
- This job will require U.S. citizenship and an active government Secret security clearance.
Who You Are
- A proactive problem solver that appreciates the challenges of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Intellectually curious with a genuine desire to learn and advance your career.
- An effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills.
Who We Are
phia LLC ("phia") is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business established in 2011 with focus in Cyber Intelligence, Cyber Security/Defense, Intrusion Analysis & Incident Response, Cyber Architecture & Capability Analysis, Cyber Policy & Strategy, Information Assurance/Security, Compliance, Certification & Accreditation, Communications Security, Traditional Security, and Facilities Security. phia also provides cyber operations support functions such as: Program and Process Management, Engineering, Development, and Systems Administration that allows for Cyber Operations to efficiently integrate our customer’s missions and objectives. phia supports various agencies and offices within the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal government, and private/commercial entities.
phia values work-life balance and offers the following benefits to full-time (W-2) employees:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Monthly Payroll