Senior Site Reliability Engineer 3 - CIS
Behavox is shaping the future for how businesses harness their most important raw material - data. Our mission is bold: Organize enterprise data into actionable information that protects and promotes the business growth of multinational companies around the world.
From managing enterprise risk and compliance to maximizing revenue and value, our data operating platform presents a widespread opportunity to build multilingual, AI/ML-based solutions that activate data for every function within a global enterprise.
Our approach is unique, and it’s validated by our customers who tell us to keep forging ahead because no one else is aggregating, analyzing, and acting on data to uncover opportunities or solve problems quite the way we are.
We are looking for fearless innovators who have an insatiable appetite for building what no one has built before.
About the Role
The Behavox Platform is a scalable, fault-tolerant and highly performant storage and processing system which allows us to manage and analyze massive volumes of data. We have an extensive and flexible set of APIs to develop products that allow our clients to work through millions of data items, by searching, filtering, and visualizing relationships between entities in the system. For our most demanding users (including ourselves), we have built our own IDE!
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will be responsible for the availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning of all production systems and services. You will work together with other DevOps, Product and Engineering teams to design and implement SRE practice at Behavox to build foundational infrastructure allowing to support the rapid growth of the Behavox client base.
This is an incredible opportunity to discover the world of high-load data processing and face the challenges of distributed Big Data systems. It will also provide you the opportunity to:
- Work on critical business areas that will have a big impact on the company
- Implement your ideas in an environment that is looking to constantly improve
- Be part of a fast-growing dynamic company and work with modern technologies
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of experience as an SRE/DevOps engineer responsible for deployment and maintenance of production systems
- Linux system administration expertise, experience with operating systems internals and networking
- Automation skills - Ansible/SaltStack or equivalent tools
- Knowledge of programming languages (C, C++, Java, Python, Go, etc.)
- Experience with Public Clouds (AWS / GCP / Azure)
What You’ll Do
- Administer and troubleshoot Linux operating systems and networks
- Automate routine operations using tools like Ansible or Saltstack
- Perform deployment and maintenance of high-load and large-scale distributed storage and data processing systems
- Develop tooling in one or more of the following programming languages: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, etc.
- Maintain infrastructure in the public cloud providers (AWS / GCP / Azure)
What We Offer
- Work Visa sponsorship to Canada with fully covered health coverage for employee and family
- Highly competitive compensation (local salary while waiting for relocation +10% over current) for qualifying candidates
- A truly global mission with a passionate community in locations all over the world
- Huge impact and learning potential as our aspirations require bold innovation
- Generous time-off policy and flexible work schedule
About Our Process
We take Talent very seriously and we are building a community of extraordinary individuals working together in very high performing teams. We also know that the best Talent always has options so we believe that the process has to be fast and efficient for the company AND the candidate.
This posting is for a very special model of our Talent Acquisition process that after initial discussions will move onto a 1 DAY intensive hiring sprint in which offers will be made the same day.
To get to be part of that day we will begin by explaining why this is such an exciting opportunity, followed by exploring with you the core factors regarding salary and location (must be open and excited by asap relocation to live and work in Montreal Canada!) along with core skills/knowledge and experience. You will then be requested to take an online technical assessment on the HackerRank platform, aligned to the core technical skills for the role.
We will then schedule you for a specific 1 DAY hiring sprint (on June 11th) to deep dive into the technical and behavioral competencies required to shine in the role and our Company.
In the first half of the day you will be assessed on your technical skills (2 rounds 60mins each with mini breaks in-between). Assuming you qualify and are excited about the opportunity and our Company, we then explore key behavioral competencies in the final discussion with the hiring manager (All in the same DAY).
Finally with Thumbs Ups from both the Candidate and Company throughout the day we will collect your documents and make an offer for you to join Behavox as soon as possible!