Site Reliability Engineer
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Our team is responsible for ensuring that our production environment meets and or exceeds our Availability SLA (99.99). We ensure that our compliance/patching is maintained, scalable and builds new features as well as technical troubleshooting to address operational issues that arise.
We have hundreds of services running on thousands of hosts (both physical and virtual) within our own data centers and external cloud providers such as AWS. To keep the lights on with such a nimble team requires a particular skillset and mindset (we aim to automate all things).
What you'll get to do...
- Manage and maintain both on prem and AWS workloads.
- Help with automation of common operational tasks.
- Interface with developers, security, compute, networking and storage teams to aid in their requests.
- Safari with teams and tackle large rocks in their backlogs.
- Drive standardized approach to monitoring and operational visibility.
- Provide on-call support.
Your experience should include...
- Extensive Linux/Windows experience.
- Monitoring Tools (Nagios, Sensu, Incinga, Cloudwatch, Elastic)
- Configuration Management (Salt, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Windows DSC)
- Scripting Beyond Bash (Powershell, Python, PHP, Go, Ruby or etc.)
- AWS (EC2, S3, ElasticSearch, Lambda, etc.) experience
- Configuration as code (CDK, Sceptre, teraform, etc.)
- Patching large fleets, processes/automation
- Experience in developing/maintaining applications and services.
- Networking experience.
You might also have...
- Project management experience.
- Microsoft Windows experience/knowledge.
- Knowing and understanding Agile methodologies/ceremonies - scrum/kanban.
- Experience/understanding of security best practices and tooling.
We've got your back...
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
More DevOps and Cloud position highlights
- Explore open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Explore open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Explore open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Explore open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Explore open Senior Cloud Architect Jobs
- Explore open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Explore open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Explore open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Explore open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer - Python/Ansible Jobs
- Explore open Senior Quality Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Application Developer: DevOps Jobs
- Explore open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer (Remote) Jobs
- Explore open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Explore open REST-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open Prometheus-related jobs
- Explore open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Explore open Jira-related jobs
- Explore open S3-related jobs
- Explore open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Explore open Virtualization-related jobs
- Explore open High availability-related jobs
- Explore open VMware-related jobs
- Explore open Golang-related jobs
- Explore open EC2-related jobs
- Explore open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Explore open Redis-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs
- Explore open JS-related jobs
- Explore open Grafana-related jobs
- Explore open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Explore open Gitlab-related jobs
- Explore open Node-related jobs
- Explore open Perl-related jobs
- Explore open Web applications-related jobs
- Explore open Spark-related jobs
- Explore open Load Balancing-related jobs
- Explore open Node.js-related jobs