Infrastructure Field Engineer
About the Company:
Clarifai is a leading, full-lifecycle deep learning AI platform for computer vision and natural language processing. We help organizations transform unstructured images, video, and text data into structured data at a significantly faster and more accurate rate than humans would be able to do on their own. Founded in 2013 by Matt Zeiler, Ph.D. Clarifai has been a market leader in AI since winning the top five places in image classification at the 2013 ImageNet Challenge. Clarifai continues to grow with employees remotely based throughout the United States and in Tallinn, Estonia.
We have secured $40M in funding up to date, backed by Menlo Ventures, Google Ventures, USV, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Osage, Lux Capital, LDV Capital, and Corazon Capital.
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing, hiring, and retaining a diverse workforce.
You’ll join our Field Engineering Team as one of a handful of engineers. You’ll work to deliver solutions for the toughest problems defined by our biggest clients. You have the ability to make a significant impact on the company and the AI space as a whole.
The Field Engineering Team contributes to Clarifai through collaborations with the rest of the Clarifai team: Infrastructure, Applied Machine Learning, Research, and Backend.
Field Engineers are ultimately responsible for delivery for Clarifai’s most complex Government clients. We marshall the resources of our team, as well as the rest of the organization to ensure we can deliver on-time and with the accuracy and reliability needed in production systems. You will both apply tried-and-true methodologies for deploying and productionizing custom machine learning models as well as work with the research and applied machine learning teams to push the envelope of what is possible. This will include all aspects of the machine learning lifecycle and involve implementation of custom software to build out an appropriate architecture and integrate successfully with other collaborators on these projects. You will work with the backend team to deploy new custom APIs and deal with the complexities of on-premise deployment on every type of cloud or device. In addition to the custom solutions for these clients, Field Engineers at Clarifai also contribute to both the running, design, and implementation of features in the Clarifai platform.
You'll be a good fit for the Field Engineering Team if you're passionate about ML, AI, and Computer Vision, are comfortable meeting with clients to ensure our deployments go off without a hitch.
- Work on Clarifai’s most complex public sector accounts, be part of the team responsible for delivering solutions to their most complex needs.
- Lead deployments of our infrastructure to bare metal or any one of the major private or public clouds.
- Collaborate with the applied machine learning, research, and backend teams to ensure that our models are production-ready wherever they might be deployed (on-premise in a public cloud, private cloud, IoT, iOS, Android, etc.).
- Support customers once in production with model or infrastructure tweaks, ensure that executives at the client continue to renew.
- Help implement custom software architectures to solve customer problems.
What You Bring:
- 2 years + experience working directly with clients / customers.
- Ability to handle pressure well love being part of a team that wins.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional devops experience
- A minimum of 2 years of professional software engineering experience in Python, C++, or GO.
- You are well-versed in observability and reliability best practices.
- Deep experience in working with Docker containers.
- Experience deploying container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes.)
- Experience building enterprise software is a plus
- Great to Have: Experience working on U.S. Government projects
- Security Clearance is a huge plus!
More DevOps and Cloud position highlights
- Explore open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Explore open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Explore open Senior Cloud Architect Jobs
- Explore open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Explore open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Explore open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer - Python/Ansible Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Explore open Software Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Senior Quality Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Application Developer: DevOps Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer (Remote) Jobs
- Explore open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Explore open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Explore open REST-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Explore open Prometheus-related jobs
- Explore open Jira-related jobs
- Explore open S3-related jobs
- Explore open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Explore open Virtualization-related jobs
- Explore open High availability-related jobs
- Explore open VMware-related jobs
- Explore open Golang-related jobs
- Explore open EC2-related jobs
- Explore open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Explore open Redis-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs
- Explore open JS-related jobs
- Explore open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Explore open Grafana-related jobs
- Explore open Gitlab-related jobs
- Explore open Node-related jobs
- Explore open Perl-related jobs
- Explore open Web applications-related jobs
- Explore open Spark-related jobs
- Explore open Load Balancing-related jobs
- Explore open Node.js-related jobs