Software QA Automation Engineer
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
WellSky is looking for a talented senior level Software QA Automation Engineer to join our QA Tooling and Practices team, who will be responsible for mentoring and collaborating with development teams on software test automation, load and performance testing, test case management, and QA related best practices. This role offers an opportunity to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Software testing is at the heart of quality assurance at WellSky and is a critical element in the software development process. The role will focus on the use of methodologies and techniques as well as tools and technologies. This person will contribute to the development, delivery, and maintenance of software solutions, and will also plan and implement testing and quality assurance initiatives to ensure solution quality before deployment.
A day in the life?
You will be responsible for:
- Analyze test requirements, design/write test cases, and execute tests following standards and best practices. Typical tests may include functional testing, regression testing, system testing, user acceptance testing, performance testing, architecture testing, security testing
- Responsible for complete end-to-end validation of Business Intelligence solution.
- Validate data in the data repositories against the data in the source systems
- Validate data surfacing in BI assets against relevant data sources
- Create appropriate test data to effectively execute required test cases.
- Follow, update, and maintain testing standards and procedures.
- Fully document issues in accordance with the issue management system and procedures.
- Collaborate with scrum team in an agile environment to resolve any issues that arise in the testing process.
- Participate in building and maintaining data-driven test automation framework using automation tools and libraries.
- Perform debugging and root cause analysis of product issues or defects.
- Evangelize new testing methodologies, best practices, and tools with goals to continuously improve test coverage
- Work closely with developers in all phases of SDLC to build quality into our development process
- Within the team, become the quality leader who the developers and product owners will look to from product/feature inception to release and support
- Lead the development team's effort in continuous process improvement
- Find more efficient ways to improve testing time and coverage through processes and/or tools
Do you have what it takes?
- 5+ year experience in a Quality Assurance or software delivery environment or equivalent demonstration of expertise
- Strong knowledge of QA methodologies, test planning, system dependencies, and product integration phases
- Strong knowledge of Load and Performance testing
- Source control with Git
- Strong track record of success with test automation tool(s) (Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, etc.)
- Intermediate knowledge of API testing for RESTful services
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Highly creative and out-of-the box thinking when identifying defects and developing test scenarios
Do you stand above the rest?
- Experience working in Agile scrum environment
- Intermediate knowledge of BDD and DevOps practices
- Intermediate knowledge of AWS or other cloud platform
- Leveraging Splunk, Sumo, New Relic for observability and monitoring
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
WellSky is a leading supplier of software and services solutions that help acute, post-acute, and human service providers improve efficiency, support business growth, and provide intelligent care to patients and people in need. WellSky is headquartered in Overland Park, KS with 1,800 teammates across the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. WellSky serves more than 20,000 client sites around the world - including the largest hospital systems, blood banks and labs, in-home care agencies, post-acute care facilities, government agencies, and human services organizations. WellSky's software and services address the continuum of health and social care - helping businesses, organizations, and communities solve touch challenges, improve collaboration for growth, and achieve better outcomes through predictive insights that only WellSky solutions can provide. Informed by 40 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates providers' needs and innovates relentlessly to help people thrive. Our purpose is to empower care heroes with technology for good, so that together, we can realize care's potential and maintain a healthy, flourishing world.
We're looking for talented individuals who want to use their skills to build a strong, technology-driven company. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, a new Health Savings Account with a generous employer contribution and a casual and fun environment that encourages quality, creativity and excellence. Enjoy all we have to offer. We invite you to join us. Apply today!
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. WellSky is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.