Platform Engineering Business Operations Lead
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
Datacom are an organisation that develops contemporary, reliable, commercially viable and leading-edge IT solutions that enable our customers to explore new possibilities and solve their greatest challenges.
Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting diverse talent, our people are the best in their fields - smart, passionate, and dedicated to providing exceptional IT services to our customers.
About the Opportunity
Datacom’s growing Platform Engineering team look after a wide variety of services focus on Compute platforms and hypervisors, operating systems, Databases, Middleware and Infrastructure applications such as Active Directory, Exchange, etc.
This is a diverse role and incorporates both the business operations assurance and the leadership of an ANZ team of technical support professionals within the Managed Services domain. This is a senior position within our team where you will be responsible for financial performance, maintaining sales pipeline, team utilization, driving operational excellence and to act as a delegate for Associate Director – Platform Engineering.
- Manage and control profit and loss, total contract value and revenue for Platform Engineering and through this contribute to the financial success of Datacom.
- Manage and oversee the Platform Engineering sales pipeline, developing a deep understanding of our customers, qualifying opportunities, and providing insights into sales growth, declines or variations to Associate Director.
- Establish, drive, and maintain operational excellence, optimisation, and efficiency in our technology areas.
- Manage the relationships with (and between) external agencies and suppliers.
- Collaboration with (and between) internal Datacom divisions and teams, ensuring we are delivering relevant joint outcomes to our customers.
- Actively identify and support the optimisation or automation of tasks using the Datacom automation frameworks.
- Establish and maintain a view of the competitive landscape for our services and offerings within the New Zealand and Australian markets.
We are looking for an experienced Manager with a broad understanding of Platform Engineering technologies, key ITIL processes, and traditional and agile delivery models. With knowledge of IT outsourced market, and infrastructure project requirements you’ll be confident speaking with C-level stakeholders to understand their goals and build relationships.
You are a business management expert with strong financial and commercial acumen having managed a P&L for large teams previously.
To be successful in this role, you’ll have a strong track record in:
- Providing strategic thinking and insights in the Platforms arena, and pitching your ideas to clients and business stakeholders.
- Strong Commercial acumen (SoWs, Product offerings, service contracts)
- Strong financial management skills, with experience with full P&L ownership.
- Delivering high levels of customer satisfaction
- Providing quality assurance for delivery and managing problem resolution
- Key vendor product knowledge, e.g. VMware, Windows, Linux/Unix, Oracle, Microsoft, AWS, IBM, Red Hat, Mulesoft, Enterprise DB, SAP
We have over 6,200 people across our global offices, and generate an annual revenue of over $1.2 billion, this makes us one of Australasia’s largest professional IT services companies. We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, providing IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations. With this comes a long list of significant clients Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds.
We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.
This role is for Internals only and advertising will close on Friday 21st May.
More DevOps and Cloud position highlights
- Explore open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Explore open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Explore open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Explore open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Explore open Senior Cloud Architect Jobs
- Explore open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Explore open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Explore open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Explore open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer - Python/Ansible Jobs
- Explore open Senior Quality Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Application Developer: DevOps Jobs
- Explore open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer (Remote) Jobs
- Explore open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Explore open REST-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open Prometheus-related jobs
- Explore open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Explore open Jira-related jobs
- Explore open S3-related jobs
- Explore open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Explore open Virtualization-related jobs
- Explore open High availability-related jobs
- Explore open VMware-related jobs
- Explore open Golang-related jobs
- Explore open EC2-related jobs
- Explore open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Explore open Redis-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs
- Explore open JS-related jobs
- Explore open Grafana-related jobs
- Explore open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Explore open Gitlab-related jobs
- Explore open Node-related jobs
- Explore open Perl-related jobs
- Explore open Web applications-related jobs
- Explore open Spark-related jobs
- Explore open Load Balancing-related jobs
- Explore open Node.js-related jobs