VMware Administrator [Online Recruitment]
Wroclaw, Dolnoslaskie, PL
Posted 3 months ago
System Administrators are the gatekeepers to the many systems that run our company and our clients. As a System Admin with IBM, you will have the opportunity to provide high-value IT services and leverage our leading-edge technology portfolio in our global network. Your work has a direct impact on the day-to-day productivity of our business by ensuring integrity of, and access to, our most important resource: data.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are searching for candidates for VMware Administrator role, who would like to improve technical skills in our team.
In this role the Administrator will be responsible for daily BAU support for incoming incidents including:
- Troubleshooting of reported issues
- Status reporting
- Provide accurate root cause analysis
- Automation development and implementation
- Regular environment maintenance (software upgrade, firmware upgrade, patching, health check remediation, etc.)
- Implementation of complex change requests
- Work with hardware/software vendors to isolate faults to resolve major client outages and provide root cause
- Work with various internal groups and customers to troubleshoot issues, provide resolution(s) and implement solutions
- Identify and resolve performance issues within the VMWare environment
- Document ticketed work, processes, procedures, scheduled maintenances, and statuses as required
- Responsible for and accountable to follow support procedures and escalation guidelines
- Accurate documentation of changes.
- Internal and external trainings and certifications
- Upskilling programs, wide possibilities of skills’ development
- Multisport card
- Private medical package (Medicover) and insurance package
- Cinema, ski and mountain trips for IBMers
- Holiday camps for children
- Discounts for IBMers (for wide range of services/products)
- Social Fund benefits
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3-5 years of experience in administering and architecting VMWare 4.x, vSphere 4.x, and ESXi/ESX troubleshooting, installations, updates/upgrades, configuration, patching, shell scripting, monitoring/system logs, user management
- Industry certifications as appropriate (VCP, VCAP, VCDX, RHCE)
- Very good general IT skills (Virtualization, TCP/IP networks, blade enclosures, troubleshooting experience, SAN)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in Linux would be preferred
- Knowledge of storage solutions, creation of datastores, presenting storage to VMWare
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Linux Virtualization VMware