Principal Platform Engineer, Design & Site Reliability
Remote - London, England, United Kingdom
Ori - Defining the future of computing
We’re working with the world’s leading network providers to build the next generation of the cloud, one that offers new ways to deliver modern applications with unparalleled performance and instant scalability.
Our Ori Global Edge platform connects high performance software deployments, such as industrial IoT, gaming and critical infrastructure, with the lowest-latency compute from the world's best connected networks.
Ori is a deeptech, Series-A scaleup backed by leading investors, including Episode 1, Force Over Mass Capital, Addition and Telefonica.
We’re a pioneering team of engineers, architects and designers solving real-world problems to make scalable edge computing a reality. We’d love you to join us.
Here’s a breakdown of your role (not all of it, just the most important stuff)
- Design, build and automate large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems into Ori Global Edge.
- Lead designs of major software components, systems, and features into Ori Global Edge.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services, from inception and design, through to deployment and operation.
- Work in close partnership with product leads across multiple areas, on technologies to build fast, reliable and durable production systems.
- Partner with Product Management & Customer teams to support services before they go live through activities such as system design, developing software platforms and frameworks and capacity planning.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and scalability.
- Work on individual R&D efforts to constantly introduce new services into the Ori platform.
- Create system specification documentation that translates requirements to a platform architecture overview.
To be successful in your new role, these are the essentials you’ll need
- You want to build, scale and operate the next generation of cloud, supporting a product that will power the next generation of technology in a real world greenfield
- Experience in building, architecting, designing and implementing distributed global cloud-based systems.
- Experience defining system and/or process requirements for large-scale systems.
- Ability to solve problems and translate somewhat vague problems into a set of actionable items to other teams.
- Experience in network infrastructure, security, and application development. Capable of technical deep-dives into code, networking, operating systems and storage.
- Experience working with Kubernetes or similar systems (Swarm, Nomad) and orchestration of Docker containers
- Experience in related technologies and cloud development platforms. (Terraform, Ansible, Openstack, Openshift, VMware)
- Experience with Unix/Linux environments, TCP/IP and network programming.
- Experience with database internals, database language theories, database design, SQL and database programming.
- Understanding of technologies such as virtualization and global infrastructure, load balancing, networking, massive data storage, Hadoop, MapReduce and security.
- Interest or exposure to networking technologies/concepts such as Software Defined Networking (SDN) and OpenFlow.
Putting our people first
- We believe that equality and inclusion create a more collaborative, more successful environment, where you can recognise and reach your potential.
- Your diverse life experiences, background and perspectives matter to us. We’re about culture-add, not culture-fit, and we’ll help you apply these qualities to extraordinary challenges.
- Whether you’re learning new technologies, making decisions with imperfect information, or developing new skills, we’ll be there to support you.
Here are the benefits you’ll get when you join us
- Option scheme, private health insurance, 4% employer pension contributions
- Work remotely from home or a local co-working space; meet up with colleagues throughout the year
- Paid maternity, paternity & adoption leave
- Training and professional development, supported by an annual budget
- Generous, flexible holiday allowance
Find out more at: https://www.ori.co/
More DevOps and Cloud position highlights
- Explore open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Explore open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Explore open Senior Cloud Architect Jobs
- Explore open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Explore open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Explore open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer - Python/Ansible Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Explore open Software Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Senior Quality Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Application Developer: DevOps Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer (Remote) Jobs
- Explore open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Explore open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Explore open REST-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Explore open Prometheus-related jobs
- Explore open Jira-related jobs
- Explore open S3-related jobs
- Explore open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Explore open Virtualization-related jobs
- Explore open High availability-related jobs
- Explore open VMware-related jobs
- Explore open Golang-related jobs
- Explore open EC2-related jobs
- Explore open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Explore open Redis-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs
- Explore open JS-related jobs
- Explore open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Explore open Grafana-related jobs
- Explore open Gitlab-related jobs
- Explore open Node-related jobs
- Explore open Perl-related jobs
- Explore open Web applications-related jobs
- Explore open Spark-related jobs
- Explore open Load Balancing-related jobs
- Explore open Node.js-related jobs