Principal Platform Engineer, Networking
Remote - London, England, United Kingdom
Ori - Defining the future of computing
We’re working with the world’s leading network providers to build the next generation of the cloud, one that offers new ways to deliver modern applications with unparalleled performance and instant scalability.
Our Ori Global Edge platform connects high performance software deployments, such as industrial IoT, gaming and critical infrastructure, with the lowest-latency compute from the world's best connected networks.
Ori is a deeptech, Series-A scaleup backed by leading investors, including Episode 1, Force Over Mass Capital, Addition and Telefonica.
We’re a pioneering team of engineers, architects and designers solving real-world problems to make scalable edge computing a reality. We’d love you to join us.
Here’s a breakdown of your role (not all of it, just the most important stuff)
- Lead network projects in the areas of network sustaining engineering, network deployment/implementation, network scaling, technology refresh, best practices application, and/or network optimization.
- Lead the engineering and evolution of highly available networks.
- Work closely with our software developers to automate network deployment and operations.
- Troubleshoot network routing, interconnectivity, platforms, performance, and configurations issues; including necessary low level application interaction, Unix systems, and new age networking software tools.
- Work closely with our Network/Systems/Software Engineering teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products, as well as assist with deployment and sustaining of networking software tools.
- Maintain standards across the networking toolset and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies.
- Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes.
- Create and review documentation and process regarding network implementation/deployments, recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc
To be successful in your new role, these are the essentials you’ll need
- You want to build, scale and operate the next generation of cloud, supporting a product that will power the next generation of technology in a real world greenfield
- Experience in a network focused hands-on technical role working with switching and routing protocols/technologies and platforms in large scale data centre and/or WAN network environments.
- In depth knowledge & experience of Linux or other Unix operating systems.
- Proficiency in scripting/programming with one or more of Go, Python, Perl, Ruby, Shell, Java, etc.
- Experience developing engineering, deployment, or operations mechanisms to support IP network and/or networking systems.
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP networking, IP routing, Server Load Balancing, and Network Security architecture and core technologies such as IP, TCP, OSPF/IS-IS, BGP, MPLS, Server Load Balancers, Firewalls, ACLs, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, LDAP, NFS, etc.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and DevOps environments.
Putting our people first
- We believe that equality and inclusion create a more collaborative, more successful environment, where you can recognise and reach your potential.
- Your diverse life experiences, background and perspectives matter to us. We’re about culture-add, not culture-fit, and we’ll help you apply these qualities to extraordinary challenges.
- Whether you’re learning new technologies, making decisions with imperfect information, or developing new skills, we’ll be there to support you.
Here are the benefits you’ll get when you join us
- Option scheme, private health insurance, 4% employer pension contributions
- Work remotely from home or a local co-working space; meet up with colleagues throughout the year
- Paid maternity, paternity & adoption leave
- Training and professional development, supported by an annual budget
- Generous, flexible holiday allowance
Find out more at: https://www.ori.co/
More DevOps and Cloud position highlights
- Explore open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Explore open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Explore open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Explore open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Explore open Senior Cloud Architect Jobs
- Explore open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Explore open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Explore open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Explore open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer - Python/Ansible Jobs
- Explore open Senior Quality Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Application Developer: DevOps Jobs
- Explore open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer (Remote) Jobs
- Explore open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Explore open REST-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open Prometheus-related jobs
- Explore open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Explore open Jira-related jobs
- Explore open S3-related jobs
- Explore open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Explore open Virtualization-related jobs
- Explore open High availability-related jobs
- Explore open VMware-related jobs
- Explore open Golang-related jobs
- Explore open EC2-related jobs
- Explore open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Explore open Redis-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs
- Explore open JS-related jobs
- Explore open Grafana-related jobs
- Explore open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Explore open Gitlab-related jobs
- Explore open Node-related jobs
- Explore open Perl-related jobs
- Explore open Web applications-related jobs
- Explore open Spark-related jobs
- Explore open Load Balancing-related jobs
- Explore open Node.js-related jobs