Senior Engineer - Mongo Admin & Devops
Aveiro, Portugal, Porto, Portugal
Fuze is a global, cloud-based unified communications platform that empowers productivity and delivers insights across the enterprise by enabling simplified business voice communications, flexible video conferencing, and always-on collaboration. Fuze allows the modern, mobile workforce to seamlessly communicate anytime, anywhere, across any device.
At Fuze we are passionate about building software that enables teams to work together more effectively. With distinct locations around the globe, our core values drive the way we conduct business every day and define our company culture, empowering every Engineer to be as successful as possible. Now's the time to bring your passion and expertise to our Fuze team!
We are looking for a Senior Engineer - Mongo Admin & Devops to collaborate with our Engineering teams from . You will be involved within a large MongoDB infrastructure, with multiple clusters, supporting a microservices architecture as well as shared environments with high throughput of queries and low latency.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide system administration support across the mongo infrastructure (all cloud based).
- Define, design, and implement cluster solutions, as well as, proposes and implements system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
- Drive impact analysis of new patches / upgrades and resolve any issue that arises.
- Work with developers, business analysts, and end users to create a more suitable mongo strategy.
- Work with the remaining DevOps team to also work on other interesting DevOps tasks.
What You’ll Need:
- University degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Awareness or experience in agile methodologies
- Scripting/Shell Languages (JSON & bash scripting)
- Expert level of MongoDB installation/configuration, patching, back-up/recovery and remote monitoring skills.
- Experience managing large shared MongoDB cluster
- Ability to diagnose problems and resolve issues across various tiers and drivers.
- Extreme proficiency with creating scripts to migrate data or to repair data.
- Experience with query coding, tuning and performance improvement.
- Ability to implement automation to reduce manual administrative tasks through use of jobs, terraform or other techniques.
- Linux/Ubuntu hands-on experience
- Experience with Amazon web Services
- Have worked with patching tools like ansible, chef or puppet
- Professional experience with Dockerized environments
- Good scripting skills in python or similar
- Experience with Terraform
Why You Will Like Working Here:
- Flexible Working Schedule.
- Competitive compensation package including private health insurance among other benefits.
- An opportunity to work in a company that is growing in a sustainable way;
- You will shape a truly continuous delivery environment with strong emphasis on simplicity, scalability, and reliability.
- Collaborative environment where your input matters and where feedback is driven and supportive.
- Shared passion for learning new technologies and methodologies.
- Team members that seek excellence and quality in everything they do.
More DevOps and Cloud position highlights
- Explore open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Explore open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Explore open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Explore open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Explore open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Explore open Senior Cloud Architect Jobs
- Explore open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Explore open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Explore open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Explore open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Explore open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer - Python/Ansible Jobs
- Explore open Senior Quality Automation Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Application Developer: DevOps Jobs
- Explore open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Explore open DevOps Engineer (Remote) Jobs
- Explore open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Explore open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Explore open REST-related jobs
- Explore open MySQL-related jobs
- Explore open Prometheus-related jobs
- Explore open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Explore open Jira-related jobs
- Explore open S3-related jobs
- Explore open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Explore open Virtualization-related jobs
- Explore open High availability-related jobs
- Explore open VMware-related jobs
- Explore open Golang-related jobs
- Explore open EC2-related jobs
- Explore open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Explore open Redis-related jobs
- Explore open MongoDB-related jobs
- Explore open JS-related jobs
- Explore open Grafana-related jobs
- Explore open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Explore open Gitlab-related jobs
- Explore open Node-related jobs
- Explore open Perl-related jobs
- Explore open Web applications-related jobs
- Explore open Spark-related jobs
- Explore open Load Balancing-related jobs
- Explore open Node.js-related jobs