Senior DevOps Engineer
Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
We are looking for a Senior Dev/Ops Engineer that will play a key role in maintaining and improving the American Well Devops Team. The platform incorporates a wide variety of features in providing world-class tele-health solutions through scalable web APIs, video Infrastructure and other technologies. This role requires working closely with the members of our engineering and operations teams, building and maintaining production environments in AWS and other Cloud Solutions
- Build and maintain infrastructure on AWS environment and other Cloud Solutions
- Write scripts to automate deployments and server management
- Maintain Dev, Stg, QA and Production configuration using automated deployments
- Build and maintain operations tools for monitoring, notifications, log collection, and debugging.
- Troubleshoot/Debug production issues
- Maintain and enhance the Continuous Integration & Deployment environment
- Document current and future configuration processes and policies.
- Minimum of 6 years experience with building and maintaining production environments in large-scale AWS enterprises.
- At least 4 years of practical experience with most if not all of the following components of AWS: VPC, EC2, ELB, EBS, Route53, S3, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, IAM, RDS, SNS, Lambda, WAF
- Experience with Video platforms: Vidyo, WebRTC, Pexip
- Experience with Security Tools: AlertLogic, Incapsula, Cloudflare
- Experience with containers: Docker, ECS, Kubernetes
- Experience administering web services on Linux using Apache, Nginx
- Experience with the integration and customization of the Atlassian Software Development and Collaboration products (Jira, Confluence)
- Experience with high availability and scalability in AWS
- Experience with VMware virtualization products such as ESX or vSphere
- Fluent in Linux administration & shell scripting (BASH), AWS CLI
- Experience with SQL Databases (configuring and maintaining): RDS, MSsql, Postgres DB’s
- Hands on experience with configuration tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Experience and understanding of networking concepts and Internet protocols
- Production experience developing, configuring and supporting monitoring systems, alerting and analytics (e.g., AppD, NewRelic, Nagios, etc)
- Familiar with source control tools GIT
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools (Circle CI and/or Jenkins preferred)
- Proficient in producing technical documentation & architectural diagrams
- Experience in an entrepreneurial environment with a accountability, ownership, and flexibility.
- Strong troubleshooting, Problem Solving, QA skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of an integrated team, as well as independently.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills conducive to team building.
- Effective communication with the local and remote team members
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Amwell is headquartered in Boston, MA with additional offices in Reston, VA and Seattle, WA. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- The equipment and resources needed to be successful working in a remote setting