Engineering Manager, Platform & Infrastructure
Braintree lets you move money from one place to another safely and securely. Every time you pay for an Uber ride, book a stay through Airbnb, or pay with PayPal when you check out online, you’re probably using our product. It sounds complex (and it is), but we make it so simple you can’t tell we’re there.
We solve world-scale problems and provide opportunities to match. We build diverse teams that recognize our strengths and allow us to work on our weaknesses. You bring skills and a relentless focus on the customer, and we'll provide the support you need to do the best work of your life.
You will drive the strategy for the next-generation cloud payments platform, with a strong focus on scale, performance, security, and automation.
The Compute Team owns the AWS infrastructure and a Kubernetes-based Compute Platform which powers the Braintree merchant payment processing business. The Gateway Sustainability Team improves the performance, maintainability, reliability, and scalability of the public APIs at the heart of Braintree’s payment processing.
The Streams Team maintains, operates, and improves Braintree’s Kafka infrastructure, and builds platforms for data streams and asynchronous event processing powering all aspects of Braintree’s stack.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with leadership, customers, and stakeholders to move big rocks forward, balancing competing needs and distilling a coherent strategy
- Drive initiatives to grow the scale of our platform, reduce complexity, and burn down technical debt
- Translate platform customer’s current and future needs into self-service products
- Coach and support engineers on the team, guide their professional development, with a strong focus on feedback and growth
- Partner with technical leadership to drive the direction of our evolving architecture
- Lead with empathy and trust
- Participate in enterprise-wide security and compliance initiatives
- Build a deep understanding of how our products and infrastructure work and are built
- Emphasize engineering best practices, iterative progress, risk management, and delivering value
- Lead by meeting people where they are at and building bridges to where you need them to go
What We're Looking For
- 2+ years of experience in engineering management
- 7+ years of software engineering or operations experience
- Experience building solutions in the Cloud (ideally on AWS)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply. You can also check out our FAQ!