Senior Front-End Software Engineer- Machine Learning Infrastructure
Mountain View, CA
Didi Chuxing (“DiDi”) is the world’s leading mobile transportation platform. We’re committed to working with communities and partners to solve the world’s transportation, environmental, and employment challenges by using big data-driven deep-learning algorithms that optimize resource allocation.
Didi Chuxing’s Autonomous-Driving team was established in 2016, and has grown to a comprehensive research and development organization covering HD mapping, perception, behavior prediction, planning and control, infrastructure and simulation, labeling, hardware, mechanical, problem diagnosis, vehicle modifications, connected car, and security, among others. We’re developing and testing self-driving vehicles in China and the United States.
In August 2019, DiDi upgraded its autonomous driving unit to an independent company to focus on R&D, product application, and business development related to self-driving technologies. The new company will integrate the resources and technology of DiDi’s platform, continue to increase investment in R&D, and deepen collaboration with auto industry partners.
The Machine Learning infra team builds and supports the essential tools and frameworks for every machine learning engineer at Didi autonomous driving. Our goal is to greatly accelerate the development cycle of machine learning models across the whole company, empowering machine learning engineers to focus on improving the car’s safety and performance, instead of worrying about their infrastructure. Our scope covers the whole lifecycle of machine learning: intelligent data collection and data annotation, model training, model evaluation and debugging, model optimization and deployment to vehicles. We care about performance, ease of use and reliability of our products.
- Design and implement web-based tools for data annotation, data visualization, experiment management, ML model evaluation and ML model debugging.
- Work closely with machine learning engineers to enable cutting-edge R&D efforts and improve existing systems.
- Drive best practices in our team and code bases: testing, software design/architecture for component reuse, driving changes in the tech stack towards quality and productivity.
- Passion for self-driving technology and its impact
- At least 5+ years of experience building production-level frontend applications using React or similar frameworks
- Experience with REST APIs and WebSockets
- Experience building web application backends using Django or similar frameworks.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or equivalent real-world experience
- Experience building interactive tools that are core to people's daily work, improving the human-computer interaction to boost productivity.
- Experience building, deploying, and operating high-availability services with Kubernetes
- Experience with data science and data visualization.
- Experience with autonomous vehicle technology
- Machine learning or experimental design knowledge