Cloud DevOps Team Lead
Austin, Texas, United States
WellSky is seeking a Cloud DevOps Team Lead to join our team. In this role selected candidate will lead the team to create, maintain, and troubleshoot the Development, QA, Staging, and Production environments in AWS. This role will be responsible for automating Docker images, product code builds and deployments to AWS EKS and our data center.
A day in the life!
You will be responsible for the following:
- Work closely with the development teams to brainstorm, design, and implement technical build and deployment solutions.
- Work closely with the infrastructure teams to introduce provisioning and deployment automation.
- Mentor DevOps Engineer’s on CI/CD, site reliability, and cloud infrastructure best practices.
- Optimize the solution computing architecture.
- Develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation.
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
- Close collaboration with software developers on the product teams, operations staff, and other IT staff members to manage code releases.
Do you have what it takes?
- You have 8+ years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role.
- Minimum 2 years in technical lead in DevOps.
- Senior level experience in software development lifecycle automation(DevOps) in AWS.
- Expert in code deployment tools (Ansible, Puppet and/or Chef).
- Experienced in creating Docker containers.
- Proven experience maintaining and configuring Kubernetes container orchestration system.
- Experience in infrastructure as code.
- AWS experience, specifically: EC2, EKS, ECR, RDS, IAM, VPC, Cloud Formation
- Container Orchestration experience, specifically: Kubernetes, Helm.
- Continuous Delivery/Integration: Azure DevOpsor Jenkins
- OS Automation & Administration Experience: Linux (Ubuntu 18.04 or higher), Windows Server 2016 or higher.
- Working knowledge of Git.
- You possess a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field.
Do you stand above the rest?
- You possess a problem-solving attitude.
- You can build and maintain Java, C# and .NET Core applications.
- You have experience in network, server, and application-status monitoring.
- You can work as part of an agile software development team.
- Azure or GCP Experience
- Application Development/Coding/Scripting Experience: Ruby, Python, bash, Powershell
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer
WellSky is a technology company advancing human wellness worldwide. Our software and professional services address the continuum of health and social care — helping businesses, organizations, and communities solve tough challenges, improve collaboration for growth, and achieve better outcomes through predictive insights that only WellSky solutions can provide. A portfolio company of TPG Capital, WellSky serves more than 10,000 customer sites around the world — including the largest hospital systems, blood banks and labs, home health and hospice franchises, government agencies, and human services organizations. Informed by more than 30 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates providers’ needs and innovates relentlessly to help people thrive. Our purpose is to empower care heroes with technology for good, so that together, we can realize care’s potential and maintain a healthy, flourishing world. For more information, visit www.WellSky.com.
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.